Save and Loadfunction in Scaler not corrospending my Workflow

First i Have to Say: I really like Scaler!!..But it could be better…i think:
Save and load function does not correspond to my workflow at all. There is another way, isn’t there :slight_smile: ? My normal workflow is, for example, as follows: - I find a few cool chords after detecting the lead melody; - in section B I change the voicing etc. and drag the chords in the desired order to section C; - here I generate different patterns with different versions and/or different song parts…so far so good…now it comes to saving…I go to Save and give the thing a name. It would be cool if I could decide here whether I want to save all patterns or just the one…but now the point that I really don’t like: 1. if I change something in the patterns, it would be great if I could now save again and have the option here: 1. simply Save, i.e. under the previously assigned name is simply overwritten with the changes AND 2. Save as, I can rename it completely. …so far it’s like this, when I go to Save it always asks for a NEW name!..Next important point: if I want to continue with the song the next day, for example, I want to load the song progression…here I think it would make much more sense if I load the progression in section C, it would be nice if I could decide which of the patterns is loaded, or whether I want to load all of them.Because I ultimately work in C when composing and can easily make changes in B and then drag the chords back to C…well, this is very long, maybe I’m doing something wrong or my thinking approach is wrong…but this is how it works best for me so far…I wish you a nice weekend…Greetings Steffen

1 Like

Since we seem to have a similar workflow, I can relate a lot with ‘open in section C’ feature :wink:
I know that reworking the way saved pattern are handeled is a lot of work for Devs as juggling target containers is not that easy to implement but, oh gosh!, that would be awesome :slight_smile:

I agree it’s a bit fiddly and that’s just because of the nature of how we’ve expanded and built S2 but for now I prefer to just save the state which saves everything. You can right click top left on the scaler logo to get to that menu. I think we can have a think about this system for 2.4. Maybe make more of the SAVE menu which could open another menu or even more of the save/load system which puts things back in their patterns as opposed to section A. I will discuss with team thanks for feedback.

1 Like