I’ve had this issue for a while now, where closing and then reopening Scalar 2 would cause the whole DAW to lock up and I’ve finally taken a moment to A/B it to figure out the problem.
It seems that if you close the the Scalar 2 window while it is on another monitor, then when you attempt to reopen it things lock up.
- open FL Studio
- Add Scalar 2 which opens the Window
- drag window to 2nd monitor
- close scalar 2
- click on channel rack to reopen it
- FL Studio hangs
- After a short time a black window will appear
- Clicking anywhere will bring up Windows “this app has stopped responding” box
If you repeat the above, but don’t drag the Scalar 2 window to another monitor then you can open and close as much as you like. This is 100% reproducible.
Windows 10 x64
FL Studio 20.8 (build 2115)
Scalar 2 v2.2.0 VST3
AMD Vega 64 gfx card.
[ 1 ]
Where 1 is the primary monitor, an ultra wide
2 & 3 are portrait 24" monitors
Monitor 1 is connected to the gfx card via DisplayPort, monitor 3 daisychains from there
Monitor 2 is connected to the gfx card via DisplayPort directly
So in the tests I drag from monitor 1 to monitor 2.