Scale wrong

Hello there,

Everythime a drag a wave clip in from Ableton, let’s say some Piano chords, Scaler 2 almost always get’s the scale wrong.

I’m working on a remix that’s in D min and got all the stems. When dragging a Piano wave clip of 32 best into it says Db maj #11, not D min. I then analyze the clip in Melodyne and it get’s it right every time.

But I’m in Scaler 2 for a reason, to find alternative chords. But I can’t find how to transpose the wrongly Db maj #11 to D min. How do I do that?

Bergwall

No doubt, Melodyne is prob the best there is.

Having said that, Scaler should always get midi conversion correct.

Can’t you just click on the offending chord and replace it?

I guess I can’t see what you are doing, so I am at a loss.

Further to @LivingEdge_Studios do you have the latest version of scaler as there was a sample rate conversion problem with drag and drop in the very first scaler 2.0

I have not tried to convert audio to chords… actually I don’t believe that it’s that hard for a musician to actually hear all of the notes as I’ve been playing sax for over 50 years and both sight read and play by ear without a hitch.

I am using version 2.08, which I believe is current. Looking for 2.09 one of these days.

That is a good question… @bergwall what version are you runing and how complicated is the audio that you are converting.

Even if Scalar does miss a chord here and there, all chords are easily able to be changed and substituted.

That is the problem that I don’t seem to understand as quoted below: