Scaler 2.0 Update

Looks like after the 29th of Nov, i can put the wife back on E-Bay… I wont be seeing her too much when this comes out… :rofl::rofl::joy::joy:… This is superb… I cant wait…

2 Likes

I’d love to sign up for that beta if possible…
been having severe issues losing my saved scales in projects in Ableton, been killing me.

Love it tho…

Great! Nothing more to say. I am not pro, even less pianist (playing guitar for my own pleasure), but started a bit composing. It was easier with Scaler because I have no theory knowledge, but with Scaler 2, this will be incredibly easier. Hardly waiting to use it.

2 Likes

Wow, looks incredible. Very excited about this :grinning:

1 Like

5 weeks :cry:

Really looking forward to participate in Beta , there’s some stuff in there I really need n-o-w !!

Please ?

Looks a lil cluttered hope it doesn’t impede my workflow. Glad to see my feature request added, the circle of fifths …yay, that section needs a tutorial all by itself, will we be able to scale the circle?? looks a lil small. So proud to have this plugin, and a company that listens to the community that supports it, job well done!

2 Likes

Holy jeebus, Scaler 2.0 looks INSANE. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Where do I send my money too… lol

1 Like

The beta is now available !

If you are interested, all the info is here: https://forum.scalerplugin.com/page/access-scaler-2-beta/1/

3 Likes

Like the Modulation features. But I think the price will have to be right to convince me to upgrade to be honest.

This update is amazing, I’m beyond words, just, thank you.

2 Likes

@davide, I can hardly wait to get my hands on this. You’ve taken a great & essential plugin and made it more amazing!

Thanks, and please rest assured Ed, I and the entire team are working around the clock to implement several other great features and a load of other really nice content. I’m regularly frustrated and not having a 100% final version so I can use all the features in my day to day composition right away. I genuinely love it. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s hard to imagine it improving so much so quickly. I’m excited to see where else you and the team take it. And, I have no qualms with the what the update pricing will be. It is already worth it.

I’m so excited for the modal interchange feature and the interface is so much better and more intuitive than how I imaged it, thank you for all your hard work!!!

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for this release!!

One thing that really bothers me is the way the keyboard display shows the chord notes— it is not super easy and fast to see the notes of the chord-- they use light grey against existing black, light blue against existing blue…and in other modes the black keys that are used turn blue. Why not have ALL THE notes turn one different color that is the SAME for sharps and flats and narturals --like red, so we easily see all the notes turn red in the chord…this color scheme is not easy to see all the notes played in the chord be the same color in any mode of opertation. Please change the color scheme in chord notes so all the notes are a totally different color----this current color scheme is hard to see the notes in lightning fast mode.

1 Like

Hi @Rodger

thanks for the feedback, it is something that has been mentioned a couple times. It is something we plan on improving but there are a lot of things to consider, it is not as straightforward as it seems.

We need to stop adding features first so we can figure out all the different cases and find what work best.

Regarding the color scheme, we have always tried to avoid red/green display to prevent giving a sense of good/bad notes. We would like to add an option for user to define a primary/secondary color if they wish to change from default but we haven’t started on this yet.

1 Like

Hi Ed–

The main thing I think is to have Uniformity where the same unique color shows up for all notes in a chord. Currently you have different color schemes for different modes of operation and using different colors for the same chord— this is counter intuitive.

The color of the chord notes need to definitely be different than any of the colors on the keyboard. Maybe the graphic design coding needs to be completely changed. Perhaps having an illumination color like yellow. The current graphic coding looks to be a little old and dated. I think rather than writing new code for user color preferences is to fix the incoherent, un-intuitive color coding… the chord notes need to be completely different colors that are NOT on the keyboard…combining similar colors already on the keyboard makes the keyboard graphic look too cluttered.

Many users may not care about the need to see exact notes very quickly, but I work with students and users that want to learn how to play chords and understand theory and your keyboard displayed notes in not easy to quickly see— your current display creates the need to train the mind to look for grey and blue notes simultaneously to see a fast chord. And other times–all blue notes–This is counterproductive to learn chords and see notes quickly to understand theory. It is great to have a clean looking keyboard display that is easy on the eyes and not cluttered.

Thanks for the additional info,

This is true, and maybe we need multiple modes…

One for performance where you can follow quickly and easily the ON/OFF notes.
One focusing on theory to see which note is IN/OUT of scale.

Each usage is different and this is part of what I meant when I said it’s not straightforward. With all the things we’ve added it’s not possible to solve this by changing colors anymore we will have to add new “markers” to the keys as well for some of the new features.

3 Likes