Scaler 2.2

I just loaded the house chords on one, then duplicated and changed to bass, duplicated and changed to melody. I guess you could sync them all and then change the presets on each one. Actually that’s an interesting point, you could have an option to follow chords of one scaler. I think that is where we are headed anyways with an overhaul.

6 Likes

Scaler 2 is about to sink the “Captain” ha ha! This looks sweet. Can’t wait to check this out. Same day as Cyberpunk 2077 too. Looks like the 10th will be a busy day for me.

1 Like

I’ll be playing CP2077!

2 Likes

<haggles over getting Scalar update for $20 while investing $5000 into hardware> LOL

1 Like

mmm I don’t understand the pun…
:thinking:

it was a reference to self, and observation of many others like me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like @davide told the team "look…Cyberpunk 2077 comes on Dec. 10…so whatever this 2.2 update looks like. We better get it done by Dec. 10 or its dropping on Valentines day lol. hahahaha

I definitely will lose many hours of productivity on Dec. 10th

4 Likes

I got the point now

DogLaughing

now I understand some puns here

nevertheless, being a point & click fan I doubt it will ever beat e.g. Beneath a Steel Sky or Blade Runner game

hadn’t thought of it that way, but it makes sense, lol

I know those of use understanding what “point & click” means are dating ourselves :slight_smile:
One of my motivations to experiment with sound design and electronic music is to be able to make my own sound effects and soundtrack for an adventure RPG game I am planning to develop. One that focuses more on the social dynamics than weapons and fighting. Where characters have depth and true intelligence and consistent behavior. And finding that graphics aren’t really that important, if you look at how much fun we had with older graphics back in the day, and even a lot of the modern game use the retro or 8bit aesthetic. Even in video compression and online, they say sacrifice the visuals for the sound. People will be more taken aback if sound crackles or stutters, than blocky graphics.

well, my first PC graphical game was Sierra Entertainment King Quest 1, played together with 5 friends, where one of them was an English teacher, critical to solve certain quizzes, and we spent a whole winter to reach the end of the game, at the home of the only one (an engineer) that owned a powerful IBM…

so everyone here can easily understand the “era” I belong to LOL

but way before I remember the many text-only adventures as the first of Zork series, that were really brain teasers

well, some years ago I tried to play again one of those and I must admit that I no more stand no-graphical games

on the other hand I never liked action-games (above all those with zombies and mazes) and I was never a fan of RPG, apart 1-2 maybe as they were closer to point & click

the last games I played having much fun were Amanita ones, above all Machinarium, then Botanicula and Samorost, while I hated their last one Chuchel

since then I never found a game that stroke my heartstrings

One that impressed me most from that era… Eye of the Beholder 2 intro - YouTube

The OPM-based sound & music still sends shivers down my spine today. It goes to show that a good production doesn’t have to be high-tech or flashy, if the story and ambience is right.

yes indeed
also for people like me who has never listened it before
:grinning:

Ok guys firstly congrats and thank you to all the team and hard workers whom have worked really hard and with lots of love to create Scaler 2.2. And on behalf of the team thank you to all of our users for the love and support. We hope you love 2.2 - Released December 10th so should be in your PIB account within hours of this post. For now here is an in-depth tutorial video:

17 Likes

hmmm… :crazy_face: :sweat_smile:

The suspense is killing me, kinda’ like waiting for the ball to drop in New York.

Well, at least I have a video to watch… (and watch, and watch… until…) hmmm.

Maybe I’ll make some popcorn before I watch the movie – thanks, @davide.

Well, for me at least, the Captain never set sail. YMMV (some)
I couldn’t get the internet cable unhooked from the moorings.

P.S. Just watched @davide’s new video and no doubt!
I think the Captain went down with the ship & the builders.

While I’m at it… Nice job, :heart:Scaler Team!:trophy:
Woohoo!!:1st_place_medal:

4 Likes

Great Davide!
Scaler 2.2 is even better!
Thanx to all of the team for this Christmas present!!

2 Likes

6 hours and still waiting… :drooling_face:

Video shows some sweet workflows.

Check your Boutique account under updates. :wink: