Scaler 2.5

Does scaler 2.5 have a demo screenshot for you to see.
I’m really looking forward to the new features. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Patience Grasshopper…patience. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol, I haven’t heard that in a long while :wink:

4 Likes

I can’t wait. I’m anxious to see the new features of 2.5 :joy:

Today, I used chord prism on my friend’s machine. To be honest, chord prism confused me.

Me too. Can´t wait to see how voice leading will be implemented in the guitar update.

Me too, but maybe because the very different workflows

Since I use Scaler, I found confusing all the other composition plugins I tested, but maybe that if I started with one of the other composition plugins, I would have ended to find Scaler confounding

I’m still not clear on the economic model for Scaler, primarily because it’s hard to assess how many users there are. This I think is further complicated by the fact (very unusually for a software product such as this) past comments have indicated that Davide and Co use it as part of their business. If this dramatically cuts down the time and improves the quality of the end product of commissioned works (one of their business lines), then that must be a significant ‘soft’ contributor to the revenue model.

The point of mentioning this is that there must be an upgrade licence in the future, but thus far it appears it will be the ‘big’ number i.e. 3.x.x. Having been in the licenced software product game for the whole of my (pre-retirement) life, IMHO Scaler is by far and away the best bang for my pound (buck, euro, baht, whatever) of any software product I use in terms of satisfaction.

I’m discounting Open Source here, because you don’t get vendor support for nothing in 99.9^% of cases. Here, you get a problem addressed when Melbourne wakes up.

2 Likes

Do you have any comments on band in a box?
I used it for several months. I personally think it’s good. In particular, input chords, select styles, and generate real tracks. Can let me finish a song demo quickly

I bought it and asked for a refund after a few days: no feeling at all

I think to remember the reasons were the interface, the learning curve way longer than Ableton, and the closed ecosystem

I’m would be even happy to pay for an 2.5 upgrade. The most important thing is that scaler evolves and stays iLok free, it’s a great tool.

3 Likes

Its actually really simple to use. The way you can assign scales to the black notes is really what i hoped scaler 2 would offer.

1 Like

I hope scaler can have similar functions and be more perfect

1 Like

Available now at PIB! Looking forward to feedback

8 Likes

After having watched the first third of the 2.5 video I must say that Suggest mode is really great! Fantastic job! Now back to the video and the rest of the new features! :grinning:

2 Likes

The suggest mode is very good.
With the addition of guitar, Scaler has become a better learning tool and creation tool.
Be able to imagine the efforts of Scale Team behind the scenes.
I believe Scaler will be more and more popular.

3 Likes

Thank you for this great update.
I liked very much the Suggested mode. It turns out scaler more easier to use.

3 Likes

I only watched the 2.5 video, but I’ll download this version after the job. It looks great. Suggest mode seems to be a major improvement and guitar options are fantastic. Hardly waiting to try it.

2 Likes

Congratulations on another impressive update.

I’ve not yet explored all the many, significant improvements you’ve made. I was particular glad to see more Guitar features and the new Drop voicing options – that’s how I think. I just now watched the new intro video, immediately installed the update and I’m looking forward to diving in.

I know many people worked hard to make this happen, My thanks to the whole team who lent their skills and passion to the project.

4 Likes

Looks quite awesome! Thanks for all the hard work in this. Good way to head into the holiday season. Super job on this!

4 Likes