Scaler 2.5

Absolutely loving the SUGGEST addition. Went into an earlier project and found chords that made it much more interesting. One of the best ideas yet!

3 Likes

Tonight I’ll surely do something with it…
very curious
:grinning:

3 Likes

Glad everyone is enjoying it. Obviously I get lots of praise for Scaler but it’s important for me to acknowledge the hard efforts made by all the team. Edouard Mainier particularly in this update has really made the AI feel so emotive, the way the algorithm works to generate chords is IMO miles better than any software I have used. Ed and Paul’s work on the FRET visuals is lovely too. All of the team LOVES using Suggest mode. Sure we can improve in many ways and will do but just inspires creativity. Thanks to Paul Martin and James Hewson and everyone else that have worked on a daily basis to make this update. Have fun all! On to bigger things.

11 Likes

Yes, congrats to the whole Scaler team! Perhaps the next release video should show the whole crew, so we get to see all the lovely folks behind this great tool! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is BOOOOMBASTIC!

:grinning:

5 Likes

@Ed1 : Édouard, la nouvelle mouture est magnifique! Je commencerai à l’utiliser dans quelques instants, aussitôt que le téléchargement termine. Bravo à toute l’équipe! Vous pouvez leur traduire, si vous voulez. J’ai simplement voulu vous écrire en français combien j’apprécie ce que j’ai vu dans la vidéo.

3 Likes

In other words, many guitar books don’t need to be purchased at all. Ha ha ha ha

2 Likes

Thank you, Scaler Team

2 Likes

Meanwhile, ChordPotion has stopped updating for a long time :joy:

Classic track to celebrate and thank the great Scaler team for the latest update, Scaler 2.5. Every Scaler update is better. Makes life easier. It is a joy. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Chord Chart.

It is great that it is there. I’ve just updated and I’m wondering if it includes Jazz-type chords and voicing or is more limited to basic chords? If if its basics only, it is good. I doesn’t have to include every Ted Greene impossible voicing.

Very nice music. Thanks for sharing. Lovely cello solo.

Nicely done. What’s the Orchestra and cello? Is the cello doubled on left and right. Not sure what’s going on in the stereo imaging.

Thanks.
The cello, in fact, is the same on two tracks with different panning. Also, one is with vibrato and one is without vibrato. They belong to EastWest Hollywood Solo Cello.
In the chords I have put Cinematics Pads, by Spitfire. Also, in arpeggiated from Scaler is an Electric Piano by Goliath (EW Hollywood) and without apergiado, the new Vintage Keys by Scaler
The oboe is also from the EW Hollywood package, and the bassoon is me, who was lucky enough to sample my instrument before my operation. I had good sound then, right? :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Where can I find a link to the 2.5 update? Thanks.

@block-head It is in your plugin boutique account

Claudio, you might want to try some of the new synth sequences with your guitar setup. With the right chord progression you can enter prog territory.
Or maybe even the right synth/distortion combo could get a Jan Hammer thing going.

1 Like

Right Indeed! :pray::raised_hands::blush:

1 Like

2.5.0 (available 17th November 2021)

• Content & Playback
    • 4 New sounds (Steel Acoustic, Electric Guitar, Retro Electric, Vintage Keys)
    • 30 Strummed Sequences
    • 20 Synth Sequences
    • New Chordsets (Pop Rock, Contemporary RnB, Pop Ballads, Deep House)
  • New Suggest mode
    • Generate chords compatible with your progression. Follow Tonal or Scale relationships to build complex patterns.
  • New Guitar Features
    • Chord Charts: Displays a guitar chord diagram for any chord in your Section C
    • Fretboard Views: New “Scale Degree” and “Scale Interval” views to explore the neck of your instrument.
  • Other Improvements
    • Add differentiator for ScalerAudio and ScalerControl
    • Clear state now correctly clear timing information from the edit matrix.
    • Improves Command Mapping state recall.
    • Improved Internal Audio Engine