Scaler 2.7

Hi all just letting you know Scaler 2.7 drops November 3rd. There is a private beta testing launched here for our beta users: https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/scaler-2-7-beta-testing/11850

It’s a mammoth update with some really nice new features. Please keep all beta related conversations in the above linked thread. Looking forward to feedback and thanks to all the team involved for the hard work over in getting this release ready!

14 Likes

Is this the update that will finally make me a good musician? :kissing:

2 Likes

The changelog is really impressive. I am downloading 2.7 and will start testing it very soon.

It is really amazing!
and a lot of fun to produce Prog/Rock songs

2 Likes

Hi Davide.

As a retired teacher and more time than I know what to do with, I’d like to become a beta tester… so how do I become a Beta User?

So we are quite a way through the 3rd now, where’s it at? Or are we doing US timezones today?

(don’t mind me, I’m just impatient)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I was a bit curious too and was already looking on the www for the first teasers myself :smiley:

Here you go!

Scaler 2.7 New Features | Live Sync, Multi Out, Parallel Harmony, Autoplay and Content - Deep Dive

Thanks to all involved for the hard work and thanks to all the community for the input and feedback.

Installers being uploaded to Plugin Boutique now, should be with you in a few hours!

:pray:

10 Likes

Exciting news! Thanks you guys for all the hard work and continuous enhancements of Scaler, miraculously all included in the original purchase price. Not sure how you do it, but you rock!

2 Likes

Just watched the video! Great!
I have Kontakt and Omnisphere for MIDI multi out but is there any way to do the Studio One setup in Logic?

3 hours later and my F5 key is wearing out, @davide :wink:

Live Sync is Amazing!

It’s like having all the parts of your song or composition visible and accessible with a click.

I was getting a bit carried away with this to see how far I could go, leading to a few suggestions.

The first is visual and about making the Scaler widows organised and accessible.

I quickly built up the number of Scaler Instruments I used to Follow, the Leader.
My screen became a sea of Scaler parts. I tried to resize each to place them in some order on the screen, but sizing is limited. I would like a line or block of Scaler icons representing each incident of a Scaler Instrument used as Followers. You could then quickly click and open up as required. I know you can use the DAW and select them this way, but just trying to limit the jumps you have to make.

Then there is the word Follow and Leader. This is a great help but is it in the right place? Would it be possible to have it near the title Scaler too?
Having the Leader and Follow names in different colours is a small but significant improvement. I like these small touches that help the user.

I built up a simple piece and then added a new midi track. On this track, I used Scaler to Control the midi. I then selected Live Sync. The cords from the Leader appeared, and I could play along with my simple piece. This means I can use other instruments. However, I noticed it didn’t show as a Follower—just a tiny point.

That said, Live Sync is amazing!

Mac OS 12.6 Monterey MacBook Pro M1
Logic Pro 10.7.4

Sweet! Thanks for the amazing update! Where it will be in my account BTW? Still only see version 2.6

I seem to remember it was mid-afternoon last time, doesn’t stop me checking!

Link is up - downloading now :grinning:

1 Like

Having some fun with it now, pretty cool! But are those synth wave and trance bass performances supposed to be quite so fast? Seems a bit over the top, and not how I remember them in previous versions.

I think 2.7 is a great update.

1 Like

yes an amazing update
a lot of improvements

1 Like

Great update! Scaler is so beautiful! Will be nice to see in the future maybe some of piano players modes…

Hey, I’m a Scaler 2 user. So, where can I do mt free upgrade to 2.7?