Scaler 2 Corrupts Project

I upgraded to Scaler 2 from Scaler 1 about 2 weeks ago. I tried my first project today and after I saved it I went back into it and it froze up (I use Cakewalk by Bandlab). I could not get into the project without running in Safe Mode. I uninstalled Scaler 2 (leaving Scaler 1 intact) and the project opened fine. I did several projects with Scaler 1 since purchasing it in the fall of 2018. I paid $20.00 USD to update to 2. Quick answer please.

John Bowen

1 Like

Hi @Johnbee63

would you mind sending the corrupt project file so we can have a look in detail:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/YUpgmLx8aNc5pii7tksM

Hi;
I sent you what you requested. I previously removed Scaler 2 but reinstalled it for your benefit for this file. After I re installed, I used Scaler 2, just running a few test bars. I saved it and again, it froze the DAW upon trying to launch it. The file “Scaler 2 Test” has just the problematic Scaler 2 and a ToontrackEZ Keys piano. The “Replace” file was when I removed Scaler 2 and copied the MIDI to Scaler 1. Here, that file opened fine.

John B

Hi @Johnbee63

thanks for sending through the files, I am able to open both projects without issue here:

Cakewalk 2020.01
Scaler 2.0.8 (and 1.8.1)

Which version of Scaler 2 are you running ?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed;
I was running Scaler 2.0.5 on Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.05. I didn’t know there was an update for Scaler 2 already, but I ran the update for 2.0.8. It seems to run OK now.

Thanks

John B

1 Like