Scaler 2 crash

It has crashed on me twice now, but not reproducably. I was clicking around in different parts of the app both times. The audio doesn’t work at all for me either, so I can’t use Scaler 2 anyway.

MacOS 10.15.4
Ableton Live Suite 10.14
Scaler 2.02

Can confirm that using the detect notes function crashes scaler 2.

The funny thing is that it seems to only happen when playing single notes… Not whole chords…

Scaler 2.0.2 vst3
Bitwig 3.2 beta 7
windows 10

Added observation on the detect note crashing…
Going back and fourth between single notes and chords doesn’t make scaler crash. But play 2 or 3 single notes in a row will result in a crash…

Where is the customer service today? Today is supposed to be launch day and no one at Scaler is looking at the message boards?
We’ve waited all day with no response!

Despite my love for Scaler V2, I am also seeing the crashes when trying to use the scale detection. It occurs on the third or fourth note. Happens with both VST2 and VST3.
Windows 10 Studio One latest version. Just to be clear, the rest of V2 is incredible :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this crash. Make sure you have installed Scaler in the default location and not a custom VST folder.

Remember to reboot after installing.

Thanks for all the additional info, we are working on it.

My case is similar. I get crashes when loading Scaler 2 in Cubase Elements 10 on Windows 10. I really appreciate that you are already working on it!

It’s not acceptable to require us to put Scaler VSTs in a default Steinberg path just to make Scaler work correctly.

2 Likes

I know it solves the issue some people are having. I think a lot of them would be happy for a simple “fix” while we work on a better solution.

I don’t believe that was the intention. This issue will be addressed.

This is not a customer service centre but a community based forum here to help our users. Please keep your posts relevant and on topic. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback to you and all users. We are all working very hard to make the software solid. We have had hundreds of users beta testing for months and inevitably new issues sneak up. We are addressing them.

Hi there, I’m excited to use the new features but also experiencing immediate crashes upon trying to detect midi notes & chords even after installing to the default installation folder and restarting.

Reaper 6.11
Scaler 2.03 Vst2 & Vst3

Thank You

David, then where is customer service?

Where did you purchase Scaler 2? I assume Plugin Boutique?

From Plugin Boutique as an update to Scaler 1

Just found out crashes happen to be upon detecting arp runs but not upon detecting chords.

Thank you, Paul.

Windows 10 up to date (5/27/20)
FL Studio v20.5 [build 1142] 64bit
VST3
Scaler 2 (non-audio) 2.6.3.1142

Selecting any chord from chord explorer causes it to freeze/crash.

Plugin Boutique support redirects to this forum for bugs and matters that don’t relate to purchasing:

If your issue is regarding one of the following:

• A glitch/technical malfunction within Scaler 2
  • Feature inquires
  • Feature requests and feedback

Please contact the Scaler 2 development team through the Scaler Forum .

Yes I am aware. We have suggested this to expedite the process of bug reporting. We are active and assisting best we can. Everything in this forum gets addressed and we will respond best we can but this is NOT customer service and we are not obliged to respond. Just trying to be transparent here. Let’s keep this thread on topic please to ensure we can get to the relevant issues as they happen.

Scaler 2 crashes Studio one 4.6.1 when you try to detect midi notes. Also crashes and locks up Studio one when you explore scale from a chord then select new scale. I have to end the process to close down Studio one. Thought i best let you guys know.

Windows 10 1909
Studio One 4
Scaler 2.02
VST3 Version

Also having repeated crashes in Ableton Live 10 with the detection tool (using Windows 10). A few times, the detection worked without issue, but it soon starts crashing Live, and then it happens repeatedly when I open the DAW again. Rebooting the computer helped a few times, although the crashing inevitably came back. That bug aside, I am optimistic about this plug-in, and I like it so far. Many thanks.

Ah, my apologies. :slight_smile: Thanks for clarifying it was a temporary workaround to use the default Steinberg path.