Scaler 2 for iOS bugs

• Generate parallel harmony doesn’t work… every time you click on it nothing happens
  • if you try to map a command to navigate to a pattern for example via midi, it doesn’t record or listen to any midi event so you cannot create the command. You can however create the command mapped to a midi cc but not against a midi note. Also if you midi bind a key selector to a midi cc, every time you send the cc message if Scaler 2 is playing it stops, it does the switch but you have to restart the playing, which is very annoying as that doesn’t happen if you use the touchscreen to change pattern via pressing different key selectors
  • if you try to access folders or files when Scaler 2 is loaded as an AUv3 it crashes and freezes the app and it needs to be reloaded. Try to import…
  • if you midi bind a key selector to chain pattern in the pad view you cannot see it mapped in the main keyboard on the main view and therefore cannot change the settings of midi bind. When you change to main view it looses the midi bind…

Please fix as the app is great…

As far as I know you can’t map midi notes to pattern change only cc. That’s the way it’s been since they implemented that function.

HI Leon and welcome to the community, we are aware of the bugs you mention and they are being fixed in the next build. Please bear in mind that Scaler has hundreds of features and its almost impossible to get all of them working across all devices and uses in a first build. May I ask you reconsider your one star review on the App Store if you are enjoying all the features that work, those kind of reviews hurt us and I feel they are a little unwarranted.

When is the next build due? Customers are entitled to write their own reviews based on how they feel at that time. I would not try to influence customers views based on confirmed bugs… I am sure the reviewer will change the ratings when the fixes are delivered…

There are also other bugs related to the suggest mode and detected scale where it get stack with the previous detected scale and the only way to get it to work sometimes is to reload it as an AUV3 inside AUM…

Also if you load scaler 2 not the light version inside GarageBand it will crash so many times…