Bookmark this thread to receive updates
To download latest Scaler updates please login to https://www.pluginboutique.com Go to ‘My Account’ and select the Windows or Mac OS Icon, click the dropdown menu for version number and click on download. See image below.
2.3.1 (available 18th March 2021)
- Improve pitch naming to allow only one pitch-class per scale.
- Pentatonic scales can now use scale voicings in Section B.
- Improve pentatonic scale navigation (recall last open panel).
- Circle of Fifths can now preview chords on click.
- Circle of Fifths can now switch between natural, sharp, and flat naming.
- Prevent a crash when using the arpeggio on older macOS versions.
- Prevent hung notes when using the Windows Audio Driver.
- Prevent hung notes when performing melodies with the “Chord+Melody" profile.
- Prevent a rare crash when reloading sessions with multiple instances of Scaler.
- Improve stability on M1 systems.
- Add new Riffs to Melody mode
- New 70’s Funk & Soul chordsets
- Prevent notes from hanging when triggered from multiple sources at once.
- Prevent overlapping notes from hanging in performance/phrases/rhythms/melody/bass modes.
- Fix hung notes due to keyswitch not resetting properly after being pressed.
- Fix a playback issue when using alt-click to preview chords.
- Keys-Lock: Improve chord extension handling of altered chords.
- “Undo/Redo” is now accessible from the Scaler Logo - Right-Click menu.
- "Import/Export State” is now accessible from the Scaler Logo - Right-Click menu.
- EDIT panel: labels now refresh properly when changing chord parameters.
- Add bigger “Bind” buttons on all screens.
- Fix highlight of chords in Pad-View when using multi-pattern selection.
- Add ability to search by style in the Scales panel.
- Audio detection from a file can now be run multiple times in a row
- Sync between instances now maintains multi-selection of patterns.
- Prevent a crash when changing parameters on a chord in the EDIT Panel after removing/reordering patterns.
- Prevent unexpected behaviors caused by the UI Keyboard creating notes with no velocity.
- Fix a calculation error creating notes with a velocity higher than the maximum allowed.
- The installer will now automatically move the sound library when using a custom location.
- Improve stability of the audio detection for samplerates up to 96KHz.
- Prevent a crash when resetting the playback.
- Prevent a crash when changing a chord voicing after deleting the parent pattern.
- Prevent a crash when removing Scaler from a track during playback.
- Fix a voicing calculation error when extracting/applying a voicing to a chord.
- “Right-Click > Detect” now refreshes the panel properly every time.
• Bass mode
• Generate bass lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
• More than 100 bass lines in many genres (Funk, House, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Synthwave, Trance, Urban)
• 7 new bass sounds (Bass Guitar, Chorus Bass, FM Bass, Jazz bass, Retro Bass, Saw Bass, Tight Bass)
• Melody mode
• Generate melody lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
• More than 100 melody lines to choose from.
• New keyswitch for live-switching between melody parts.
• New re-trigger and follow behaviours when switching chords before the end of an expression pattern.
• Quantize and Swing - Align played notes on a grid or apply a global swing of various note lengths.
• Enhanced Progression Editing
• Ability to create groups of chords
• Ability to customise all playback parameters per group
• Quick Navigation - Switch between the various screens from the quick navigation menu or use keyboard shortcuts to navigate even faster.
• Update the expression selectors to accommodate new playback modes.
• Increase the size of copy/move icons when dragging chords.
• Add notifications when dragging chords outside Scaler while bind or perform mode are active.
• Other improvements
• Reduce playback interruptions when switching parameters live.
• Sustain MIDI CC message can now be consumed internally or passed through.
• Prevent a crash when loading user chordsets.
• Prevent a crash when using Keys-Lock.
• Prevent a crash when creating a chord from an empty pattern in Pad View.
• Add 16 beats chord duration.
• Syncing between Scaler instances now conserves Humanize settings.
• Prevent notes from being cut-off when using Keys-Lock - Chord Notes or Chord Extension profiles.
• Prevent the fretboard view from triggering keyswitch.
• Overall stability and performances improvements.
- Fix an issue in the audio detection engine creating instability on the Windows platform and preventing mouse clicks from working correctly in some hosts.
- Fix a problem causing the chord notes to be held when triggered from Section C.
- Fix the playthrough of linked patterns; chords now play on the first trigger after switching pattern.
- Rest chords now play properly with the UI closed.
- Fix notes being cut-off on chord change when using Keys-Lock - Scale White Keys.
- Fix the triads button position in the Modulation panels
- Fix a problem when cycling through the phrases list using the arrow keys.
- Fix an issue causing Scaler to become unresponsive and stop processing MIDI
- Improve the accuracy of the event scheduler.
- Fix jitter in the MIDI output when using a large block size.
- Improve the arpeggiator to respond to tempo changes correctly.
- Prevent a crash when clearing the state.
- Duplicating multiple chords now copies all playback parameters.
- The greyed out expressions in the Edit Playback view are now accessible.
- Maintain playback performances when editing a chord voicing.
- Add the ability to duplicate multiple chords on the Pad View.
- Phrases now follow keyboard velocities like Performances and Rhythms.
- Add the ability to transform chords on click in the Neo-Riemannian modulation panel.
- The transformed chord in the Neo-Riemmanian modulation panel can be selected with the lasso.
- Clicking on an open drop-down menu handle now closes it properly.
- Show Bass/Inversion is now correctly remembered when set as default.
- Add the ability to DAW-Sync a single pattern inside the Pad View.
- Display loading indicators and instance number in the Sync Popup.
- Add a notification when syncing multiple instances successfully.
- Keys-Lock is now refreshed correctly on scale sync.
- New Chord Editor
- Control individual notes and velocities in each chord
- Use the circle of fifths to easily create chord progressions
- Search for any chord in Scaler
- More than 100 new expressions in triplet feel and across several time signatures
- Add bass/inversion display in chord name
- Improved accuracy of detection
- Reduce the number of duplicate chords in results
- Filter-out unlikely chord types to reduce noise
- Add ability to detect from a file in the source dropdown
- New Modulation Preset - Neo-Riemannian
- Create harmonic transformations from any chord
- Support custom sounds folder location
- Support custom chordsets folder location
- Multi-Select Pattern and Pattern Chaining improvements
- Add ability to apply extracted voicing to a multi-selection of chords
- Ability to export chord names to MIDI markers when dragging to DAW
- New Arpeggio Octave Range option
- Add ability to select the output MIDI channel
- Keys-Lock - Chord Mute function now works properly when used with DAW-Sync
- Ability to select and remove multiple notes with lasso in Detect panel
- Add ability to synchronise the selected scale across instances
- Bug fixes:
- Fix “Right-Click → Select All” in Pad View
- Fix erratic behaviour when deleting from a multi-selection in Pad View
- Fix bind to suggested pathways refresh issue in Modulation
- Fix UI not redrawing correctly after Clear State
- Fix lowercase display for minor chords in Modulation panels
- Fix empty large clip when dragging from MIDI Capture
- Other fixes and overall stability improvements
- Improved lasso selection, patterns can now be multi-selected and chained with ease
- Improve visual feedback on keyboard when binding a multi-selection of pattern with empty chords
- Improve user chordset loading to support renaming & moving session files
- Add new option to play-quantised to chord duration or on next beat
- Chord Edit panel now suggests chords at the same octave than the currently edited chord
- Accessing the Pad View does not stop playback anymore
- Add ability to Play/Loop progression from Pad View
- Add ability to navigate back to Edit View from the Pad View
- Improve live expressions behaviour, avoid re-trigger when releasing a note while other keys are being held
- Fix an issue causing the import/export state to break when overriding an existing session file
- Fix a display issue when reloading the Chord Edit view from a saved state
- Fix an issue causing octave jumps when using scale voicings
- Fix modulation suggestions to prevent octave jumps between distant scales
- Fix an issue when reordering chords causing them to shift to a wrong position
- Improve overall stability and performances
- Fix an issue causing Scaler to start its playback too early when using DAW sync
- Fix a resizing issue causing Scaler to display at a wrong position on launch
- Prevent Scaler from hanging during startup/validation
- Prevent bound-chords from being stopped when adding arpeggiated notes
- Add a notification when dropping an unsupported file onto Scaler
- Fix display issue in performance names with accent when using Poppins font
- Updating the arpeggio timing from the side menu now updates properly the live settings panel
- Prevent a display issue when recalling a saved state with multiple panels open
- Fix an issue causing hung notes when using playback and a MIDI Controller
- Prevent Scaler from hanging when reloading a saved project in Cakewalk - Windows
- Editing a chord voicing does not reset its custom playback settings anymore
- Add ability to Enable/Disable blinking effects
- All font size have been slightly increased
- Add ability to select between 3 font sizes (Small, Default, Large)
- Shift-Click on a chord from your progression now opens Chord Editor
- Further timing calculation improvement: Scaler 2 is now more accurate and consistent across the different trigger/capture modes: Live triggers, Section Playback, MIDI Capture, MIDI Output
- Prevent hung notes when dragging chords outside of Scaler in some DAW
- Prevent hung notes when holding a key not yet bound then activating bind
- Fix an issue causing dropped notes when arpeggiating chords with a voicing profiles applied
- Prevent the Settings menu from appearing behind other UI elements
- Fretboard notes can now be used to create/edit chords
- Fix a timing calculation causing Scaler internal tempo to drift
- Fix a timing calculation causing Scaler to drift from DAW tempo when using DAW Sync
- Improve latch and quantise behaviour
- Prevent crash when voice-grouping chords with non-academic voicings
- Improve compatibility for users without OpenGL support
- Prevent crash of ScalerAudio 2 in Cubase
- Fix crash/hang when using the “Explore common scale” function
- Side Menu now reopen automatically after closing the UI or changing font.
- Fix multiple focus issue causing Scaler to steal keystrokes destined to the DAW
- Windows installer now displays version number on install
- Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Detroit)
- Fix crash in MIDI detection with single notes
- Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Housey)
- Audio detection now uses the sample rate of the dropped file every time and switch back automatically to the DAW sample rate for the live detection to continue
- Multi select changes can now be reverted in one single undo action
- Fix timing of the registration popup in demo mode
- Fix (rare) crash when swapping between multiple instances
- Added FREQ and Bro Beatz chordsets
- Initial release