Scaler 2 Workflow | Starting with a Melody

I’ve been asked several times on YT to create a basic easy to follow video on how to use Scaler to detect a melody and go from there rather than by starting with chords. Hope you enjoy.

19 Likes

OUCH!
no subtitles for me SOB
:laughing:

That’s a real bummer… :worried:

Strange, YT automatically adds captions to my videos. Maybe they haven’t appeared yet?

Troubleshoot automatic captions issues

If your video doesn’t generate automatic captions, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:

• The captions aren’t available yet due to processing complex audio in the video.
  • Automatic captions don’t support the language in the video.
  • The video is too long.
  • The video has poor sound quality or YouTube doesn’t recognize the speech.
  • There’s a long period of silence at the beginning of the video.
  • There are multiple speakers whose speech overlaps.
2 Likes

they appeared after a while, indeed…
HAL9000 is lazy today or it simply lost a card

Really excellent video David. I had figured out a fair bit but this pulled in a lot of features plus how to meaningfully combine them.

1 Like

I saw this beautiful video but do not understand one thing. If i play a melody in the piano roll, and then make recognize the audio to scaler, it will come with chords, can i use these chords as lazy first solution and drag it back to the daw under the melody? Said that is beautiful also to experiment and have fun along as Davide suggests, coming then with a more precise progression

I think i get. for small melodies is a possibility, for complex ones not, because recognizes also not essential passages