Scaler + Ableton Live arpeggiators for Minimonsta prog riffs

Hi there

it’s too late to go on with the song, but I found a way to make cool arpeggios with the Minimonsta (Scaler + one of the Ableton arpeggiators) that can be useful for Prog tunes as well, and I also found a way to use EastWest Brass better to make solos in the style of Miles Davis and Charlie Parker

In the next days I must study their odd scales, and I have to test my pedal for expression, but at the moment I can say I had a lot of fun

1 Like

Werll, actually imitating Miles Davis and Charlie Parker style is way too difficult to me

So I think I’ll go for the Prog riffs, at the moment (and they are tough enough as well)

I’d love to hear what you come up with in either the bebop or prog (progressive house, I take it? Or prog rock?) styles. Huge jazz fan and not nearly skilled enough in theory to write it myself. But I’ve toyed with Ableton’s Mono Sequencer to create a variety of runs and let my MacBook go to town with some generative jazz soloing over chords fed from Scaler.

1 Like

Prog rock

not nearly skilled enough in theory to write it myself

the same for me, but Scaler helps, together with my MP3 bank, and Internet where you can try to understand how musicians perform

Ableton’s Mono Sequencer to create a variety of runs

well, let us listen your tracks then
:grinning: