Scaler and Logic Pro challenges

Hi folks. I’m hoping someone might be able to help. I have Scaler 2.5 and use it in Logic Pro 10.7.2. But while I can get it to load and work inside the MIDI FX section on my channel strip, I cannot get it to load as an instrument. It doesn’t show up in the instrument AU section at all.

I have downloaded all the files, activated Scaler in Logic with my license file. I have the .component files in my Library>Audio>Plug-ins file (where all my other .component files, which do work, are stored.) But for some reason I cannot get Scaler to load as an instrument. I scroll down to the AU sections in my control strip instrument options, but it isn’t there. And as I said, it IS there under MIDI FX>Audio Units>Plugin-Boutique>ScalerControl2.

I’m using a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.2.3. And I have tried running Logic in both regular mode, and Rosetta. Neither have let me load as instrument.

I would really appreciate any help/suggestions you might offer. Thanks.

Jimmy

FIXED!
I kept reading other posts, and came across a comment from @davide saying: This happens often in macOS when installing plugins. Restart your machine and it will be there. Failing that go to plugin preferences in Logic and select Scaler and "reset and rescan selection’

It was the latter part, go to plugin preferences in Logic and select Scaler and "reset and rescan selection’ that worked!!! Thanks @davide

:smiley:

HI Jimmy sorry I missed your post 2 days ago but happy you fixed it. Mac bug bear of mine that. Happens to me many times with many different plugs!

@davide No problem David, I appreciate it. Thanks. -jimmy