Scaler feeding both chords and riff in AAS Strum-GS - Part III

In other words, Scaler playing guitar with right and left hands
:guitar:

All comes from Part I and Part II, but a way to feed AAS Strum-GS 2 with chords and notes at the same time was unknown to me so far

Today I eventually found a super-simple way using 2 Scaler’s instances and 1 instance of AAS Strum-GS 2

Here is the routing

The difference is that the 1st Scaler feeds AAS Strum-GS 2 directly using the C3-B4 grouping, while the 2nd Scaler feeds a MIDI Polysher used to move the C3-B4 grouping in the right place, and to block certain unwanted keys in AAS Strum-GS 2

Here is Scaler 1 and 2 templates
Scaler 1.xml (16.3 KB) Scaler 2.xml (16.6 KB)

I always find patterns by ear, trying one after another, and in this case I started from a C Phrygian mode scale for both Scalers

Here the MIDI Polysher setting

And here the AAS Strum-GS 2 set

The first Scaler sends notes in the red area, while the 2nd Scaler sends them in the blue area

And here is a sample

As usual, it is rubbish musically, but the more I use Scaler, the more I understand that I’m not a composer, but rather a workflow hunter
:crazy_face: :rofl:

Nevertheless, I’m sure an (other) moron SoundCloud’s producer will jump out offering me to become a star LOL

1 Like

A few changes and a Led Zeppelin-style tune jumped out!
I love Scaler hidden gems and its ability to work so well with other plugins, notably with AAS Strum-GS 2

1 Like

Great explanation on your workflow method for Strum. I’ll pick up the midi polisher today. I see it only comes as a VST so normally Logic Pro users would be out of luck. However I understand that the Unify Au from PluginGuru will host vst plugins inside of Logic Pro. So this could still be used by hosting Strum, polisher and a bass vst inside Unify Au for Logic Pro. Haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

I hope you’ll succeed
Have a good guitar day :guitar: