Scaler is good at Jethro Tull style

Fortunately, there is no direct connection between playing ability/creativity/originality and RAM, CPU etc
:crazy_face: :rofl:

My current Dell Optiflex 3010 SFF I3-3220 with 8GB RAM is waaaay older/weaker than the other coming, and yet it is superabundant for my job and for 2 of my hobbies, photography and video-editing

Just in the musical field it is too much weak, and yet I was able to jam & produce interesting tunes for me and a few extra-polite pals, so I think I’ll be satisfied for more than 3 years with the new beast

every beast is different, clearly
Compare a :whale: with a :bird:
:rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:
I currently have this:
Intel (R) Core ™ i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz Processor
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
SSD disk in partition: C: \ for programs with 118 GB and F: \ for files with 931 GB
It works well for everything I put on it, really; but it suffers when I try to make a video

This guy for example, play wondrously a cigar box guitar
:crazy_face: :guitar:

2 Likes

Maybe because you don’t have a dedicated graphic card…

1 Like

I believe you got a point. Good graphic card is conditio sine qua non for videos.

My previous PC, HP Pavillion p6741f, AMD Phenom II X4 955, 8 GB RAM, almost 11 years old, is still good for many tasks, but not for photography (slow for Adobe LightRoom/Photoshop) and even less for music. I was able to use just a few tracks with VSTs before I needed to freeze them. With my new toy, I went to 16 tracks with pretty heavy VSTs and playing/rendering was smooth. So, yes, I understand you and in a few days, thanks to Santa, you’ll understand me. :smiley:

I hate any Adobe bloatware he he he
ACDsee is faster
Clearly, I shoot in JPG only
I just found that Olympus “i-Enhance” is identical to the PP I did in the past, so now I can happily skip any PP, bar some crop :grinning: