Scaler is good at rock! (reloaded)

Hi there

testing Scaler 2 for some time and trying to drive many instruments and making different genres
I realized the plugin is optimized for keyboards textures, and above all for classical music and its derivatives like e.g. prog or folk-rock, etc (I don’t consider chill, ambient, sound-track etc as not interested, sorry)

I believed it was not suitable for “strong accompaniments styles” (e.g. Deep Purple) but I was wrong

1 Like

I answer to myself: Scaler is good at rock!

I started sending the output to my amped guitar, then I found a few chords: 1 set for the verse, and a second set for the variation (sorry for the improper term I am a rabbit composer :joy:)

then I set by ear the lenght and x time for each chord in the editor, then added the proper expression, phrase, arpeggio or strumming
at the end I recorded the MIDI of 2 sets and moved them to Ableton guitar line

then added the drums and the bass, and here is the result with minimal effort and no knowledge of musical thory

A rock rhythmics guitar made in Scaler 2

5 Likes

This is really cool, alternating between the expression and strummed chords works really well here.

We have been discussing of improving the strumming engine, I think Scaler could be even more helpful in this context with complex strumming patterns

3 Likes

Smart move! The interaction between a born rocker like you and as Ed1 notes the appropriate use of strumming chords with phrases and expressions did the job very well. As guitar player myself I understand and encourage you to continue placing the technological carrot as a lure to that smelly like EL-34 rabbit :+1:

1 Like

complex strumming patterns

yes, and I think arpeggios have space for improvement as well

LOL
the rabbit that lives in me says thanks for endorsement
:joy:

The riff reminds me the good old Uriah Heep, son’t know why. Like it.

1 Like

Hi Miki

it is certainly possible, as I listened their album Look At Yourself tons of times
:grinning:

BTW, did you listen (and tried to improve) my funky guitar here?