Scaler with SquareHeads Nora and Venomode Phrasebox

I don’t know what happened to the link. But when I wrote the message (over a year ago), it was a link to the official website of the program. At the time of my publication, this link led to the official site, which is also listed at KVRaudio. The developer Nora has stopped supporting the program and the domain.
And of course I had no intention of posting dangerous links here.

2 Likes

As I put in my note to Ed1, I didn’t think for a moment hat your would have posted a bad link, but I wasn’t sure when you might log on again, so I messaged him direct. This was their site, but I think they abandoned it and the domain was picked up.

In fact, KVR still have a link to the site on their site Nora by Squaredheads - MIDI Arpeggiator Plugin VST Audio Unit (slightly sloppy …)
but on Jul 20th, there was a KVR forum post that announced that Squaredheads had closed.
Squaredheads closes its doors - Squaredheads Forum - KVR Audio
The server at the end of the link is an an ad-server system, but I asked ED1 to kill it because it was port scanning.

So I certainly didn’t think there was anything deliberately malicious in your post.

it is a common “business model” these days )for unscrupulous online hucksters) to gobble up URLs/sites from previously reputable operations, and exploit peoples familiarity/brand trust for sinister purposes. You find this a lot with browser plugins as well. Or duckduckgo search engine after the takeover by a data sucking ad conglomerate exploiting the original privacy premise of the founding charter.

no worries, @DanAndr , the issue was with @chrisluna7 s post not with yours.

Thanks! I ended up figuring it out but I like what you did with your strings section and Nora! Gives me new ideas on how to use it!

Had no clue my post was causing issues, it’s just a YouTube link? Hopefully no ones computer got harmed not like that’s gonna do anything but… strange! Anyway, I ended up figuring it out and I love how both (scaler; nora2) interact together! Wow!

So then how to get Nora?

Computer Music Magazine had a restricted version, Nora CM as part of their plug-ins suite (could only work with tetra chords or triads) January 2016. It may be available if you buy a back copy of the magazine.