Setting in preferences for showing notes with # instead of b

Hi, I just was listening to some chords and one of them was G, C, Eb. and I thought, yeah, okay, but would it be possible to have a setting where Eb = D# so it is slightly easier to grok what is going on.

Scaler_2_3_Midi

I hope I’m not the only one who would prefer to see C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C instead of “that other stuff”.

The other stuff is more conventional and still throws me after a couple of years trying to learn music!

Yeah whenever I see it in a tutorial, much like actual notes in a score, I’m like “No, closing tab”.

I mean, I’ve been in that # town since 1994 and I’m not going to pretend that it’s not a big hassle to start thinking in b / flat / whatever non-#-town.

Additionally, it would be great if the chords that are shown at the top also had the octaves in them.

Unfortunately theory doesn’t allow as you would end up with a double enharmonic which could be the same note if you are forced into one or the other. You can at times click on a list and it will change the value from flat to sharp

hmm, i kinda meant that there could be two ways of showing what the note is, at least in the top-bar where the separate notes are displayed. and that could be user-configurable.

Flats and sharps are necessary to allow every version of the diatonic scale to start at any point on the chromatic scale without repeating a note letter name, or assigning different notes in our chosen diatonic scale to the same line on the musical stave** .

1 Like