To control external instruments within Studio One you must use Scaler as a VST plugin and route Scaler’s MIDI output onto the track of the instrument you wish to control.
- Load Scaler VST onto an instrument track and the instrument you wish to control on a second track.
- Drag the track window down to show all the MIDI selection boxes.
- In the MIDI input section, select Scaler as the “Instrument Input” and select MIDI Output 1 as the “Instrument Channel”.
- Arm Scaler track so it receives MIDI from your controller and turn on the monitoring on the controlled track.
- Scaler MIDI output is now routed to your instrument.