Song arrange window

I’d like Scaler to become my main song arrange program. An option to click a button and have it open a window on a 2nd monitor to show a chord grid would have these features: 1 to 8 chords per bar; 64 bars on top level, 64 more bars on 2nd level; click track synchronized to your daw; chord degree roman numerals above each chord as an option; drag and drop chords like in present builder; tab key to each chord to write a lyrics track underneath the chords; drag the whole arrangement to a midi track in your daw. If you put these features in, I’d stop using Band in a Box for writing songs and use Scaler instead.

4 Likes

Stay tuned @chordbluz As composers and producers (in addition to being the Devs of Scaler) we want these things too and are working on something great! Thanks for feedback.

2 Likes

Yes, Scalar could be superior to Band in the Box as a main song writing program–where lyrics, dragging and dropping chords could be intuitively integrated with easy drag and drop in your DAW. This would enable very creative and intuitive work flow processes where at the drop of a hat for instance, we could be working on a section of a song and quickly nasvigate between Sca

Yes, Scalar could be superior to Band in the Box as a main song writing program-- where lyrics, dragging and dropping chords could be intuitively integrated with easy drag and drop in your DAW. This could enable very creative and intuitive work flow processes where at the drop of a hat for instance, we could be working on a section of a song and quickly navigate between Scalar and DAW trying different creative ideas very quickly. Drag and Drop into Presonus Studio One Pro would be so valuable to me, I’d pay double…like the way Melodyne and Presonus Studio One Pro integrate. If Scalar has an option to put a chord grid on a 2nd monitor, some very fast and very creative, intuitive work flows processes would be created–or at least have the ability to open a separate chord grid window and drag it to a 2nd monitor…and having a simple, intuitive format to enter in lyrics under the chords and a area at the top to write in Song notes that helps the work in progress.

Roger:

If Scaler had a lyrics track under the chords, the lyrics would not survive the dragging and dropping of the midi sequence into Studio One. We would have to re-type the lyrics in the arranger track or the marker track in Studio One. This is not a huge inconvenience, considering the quicker workflow Scaler would offer for fleshing out songs.