Stand-alone

OK, I get you like this. But even with the discount this is still the price of Scaler 2 when other options for PC mentioned here are free. Just sayin…

If you don’t need it , don’t use it. Some people might find it useful. Just sayin…

Scaler floating in the deep space…
do you have the studio on the ISS?
:grinning:

Nothing like zero g to spark creativity! :smile:

I must try…
LOL
:joy:

Have you tried Komplete Kontrol?

It’s free and works as standalone host for vst’s on win and mac.

Have used this for standalone vst exloration, stable, assignable midi controls and works with scaler 2.

3 Likes

Welcome @rkhglbrg True that! And also detect KK chords!!!

1 Like

Cubase user here, and I agree. It would be good to be able to work up progressions and patterns outside the DAW and then save them for use in DAW projects later.

I’ve not worked with the mentioned software to use VSTi’s as Stand Alone applications. Thanks to those who posted about them in the thread.

I also agree that I’d rather see development resources focused more on musical and music making features.

Hi jamien,

You mentioned running Scaler in Mainstage and I am wondering if you have done this and, if so, how you did it. Thanks. @jamieh

Completely agree. It is these competences which give Scaler its differentiation. Too much horizontal extension of function ends in a product being a mile wide and an inch deep, which in the end suits no one… It obviously needs to work seamlessly with other products and technologies, and the team will, I am sure, achieve that.

1 Like

If you just want to use it stand alone i.e. not controlling another instrument then just load Scaler2 as an instrument in an instrument input. There you can use it with it’s internal sounds just fine.
If you want to control another instrument you would need to load Scaler Control2 in a MIDI FX slot on a track that has an instrument on it.