The mute option is sometimes greyed out. Is there a particular setting which can solve this problem?

I like playing Scaler live - by which I mean choosing a performance, then playing my own chords in. It’s nice for me to get the buzz of that next unplanned change, rather than everything pre-programmed. Although, to be fair, that feature of Scaler is superb and brings up great ideas I’d never have thought of.

I like that you can choose to mute the block chords as you play them and only hear/record the arpeggios which the performances generate. However, the mute option is sometimes greyed out. Is there a particular setting which can solve this problem? Grateful for any ideas, please.

Hi and welcome @Drewski8 DO you mean mute chords in setting? That only works with certain melodic elements like melody and phrases. Did you intend a use beyond that - not entirely clear on your use.

Having just made a comment about the use or otherwise of ‘internal’ sounds on the previous post, here is evidence that indeed Scaler sounds are indeed used - in this case ‘live’.

I guess my use of external sources is very much driven by musical style, which are possibly a little quirky trance / ambient stuff.

Welcome Drewski8

Hope you don’t mind that I changed the title of your post to help more people lend a hand.

Cheers!