The Scaler Forum Band Project

How I use Arcade
Then I play a key with chords and put a Scaler Audio on the Arcade track and extract the chords. So I can already use the Scaler and Arcade functionalities at the same time

2 Likes

You’re doing better job selling Arcade than Output itself :rofl:. I went to see videos on their website and I was underwhelmed - attitude guys and bored lady :rofl:.
For me right now, anything subscription-based is a no-no but I’ll probably give it a try in couple of months. Thanks!

Oh no no no no… :rofl: Nice try :rofl: I’m saving for that guitar plugin from MusicLab that you were testing some time ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t be penny-pincher!
It’s just 49 €
soldi allegri

I’m not going to buy anything else for quite some time. My wife won’t let me

1 Like

Hi pals

here is another possible starting point for the collaborative project, if you like so
:grinning:

From Bolero SazĂłn I made this file in Ableton Live 10
Thinking of Mozart’s Infinite Minuet, I have programmed a random change every 16 bars and many recordable versions are available.
I hope you like it.
The complete work sequenced, with 4 Intros, 12 developments and 4 endings is at SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
BoleroJazzpiano - YouTube

1 Like

That’s amazing! And a great inspiration for the rest of us, to see what Scaler and a lot of MIDI magic is capable of creating. Beautiful music! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to you, Bernd for creating this Band

1 Like

Ha ha, even the toughest, most seasoned accountant would weep in despair when reviewing my current cash-flow :rofl:

Beautiful and suave! I’ll elaborate a bit more later - I’m running around like Energizer bunny :rofl:

[A bit later Edit]
Your track is wonderful. It’s something I could easily hear (and enjoy) on a radio. I would beg you to make it a 5 minutes song (12 minutes is a bit much) and please please please add female vocal.

Mix. The youtube version (that I listened more in detail) has 2 things that might need correction:

• short trumpet bursts in the first 30s of the track are very “buried” and not loud enough,
  • guitar and piano are a bit too loud overall.

Following lelek’s advice, I have developed one of the random variants of the bolero and added a sensual voice.
As for the trumpets, I have raised them, but only a little. The song pretends to be sensual, and (if you notice) at the end of the performance the singer does not go with the guitarist or the pianist. She leaves with the trumpeter, who plays softly when she sings, and winks at her every time she finishes singing a phrase

1 Like

And, where did you find the singer?
Or she is a robotic one?
cyberman
:rofl:

:joy:

Everything is robotic nowadays, Claudio
It also comes from your friends at Output, haha
But the piercing gives it a sexy touch, yes

1 Like

Ha ha ha! :rofl: Plot thickens :rofl: There you have an idea for lyrics - she is thorn between what she should do (stay with guitarist and pianist) and wants to do (leave with winking trumpeter) :rofl:
On more serious note - it’s a good song and it needs real voice :wink:

Haha, now I understand!
When you trigger the piercing, the voice gets louder, or the pitch higher
:joy:

Back to the original focus of this thread, the Scaler Forum Band Project attempt at a showcase. I am ready to give it another round and was planning to integrate all contributions so far into one longer piece. From what I can see between here and the Kompoz, we have @lelek and @jjfagot 's interpretation, next to mine. Am I overlooking any other contributions? (ideally stems or midi files that I can load into my DAW, not just a link to Soundcloud or Youtube). I am going to try to be flexible in the stylistic interpretation and attempt a more medley approach, within my limited musical understanding (hey, I learn as I go). Anybody not having contributed so far is welcome to join in. Never to late to grow the Scaler Forum Band! If you just want to share Scaler XML files with your particular setting, that is cool too.

Man, so much peer pressure :rofl: I guess I have to double my efforts. :slight_smile:

Anyways, JJs Bolero version Cha-Cha V03 is exposed to the sunlight at Bernd’s Kompoz.
V02 was soooooo bad, it got deleted with extreme prejudice. :rofl: I decided to invest some time in actually reading Cha-Cha scores and trying to understand tumbaos, montunos, claves and all kind of rhythmic patterns for instruments. When was the last time I spent so much time reading notes? Never. :rofl:
Implications are that, at this point, Scaler got reduced to idea drafting and pretty much all midis are built from the scratch.

Ok, for those that might one day want to recreate it:

1. Chorus(-ish) part got created (using Scaler of corse). Recycled some chords from JJs.

1. Percussion - minor changes

Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Chorus.mid (72 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Intro.mid (113 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Outro.mid (72 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Verse.mid (72 Bytes)

1. Piano - lots of changes

Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Chorus.mid (852 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Intro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Outro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Verse.mid (1.3 KB)

1. Brass - minor changes (well, chorus)

Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Chorus.mid (183 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Intro.mid (364 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Outro.mid (268 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Verse.mid (268 Bytes)

1. Bass - lots of changes

Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Chorus.mid (391 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Intro.mid (735 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Outro.mid (655 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Verse.mid (655 Bytes)

1. Guitar Right CH (panned to the right used only in chorus)

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-CH-Chorus.mid (848 Bytes)

1. Guitar Right V (panned right - used in verses)

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-V-Intro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-V-Outro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-V-Verse.mid (1.3 KB)

1. Guitar Left

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Left-Intro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Left-Outro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Left-Verse.mid (1.3 KB)

1. Guitar Lead - only in chorus. Midi export does not contain cheesy pulls (automation track) :frowning: I don’t know how to go about it.

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Lead-Chorus.mid (260 Bytes)

Image-Line just decided to give away bunch of guitars and basses for Flex sample instrument. Just in time :rofl: as I really needed nice guitar sounds.

Arrangement:

Sounds really good.
You got a lot of work and a lot of instruments, but it was worth it. Thanks, Bernd :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks me?? @lelek did all the work, credit to whom credit is due!