The Scaler Forum Band Project

Man, so much peer pressure :rofl: I guess I have to double my efforts. :slight_smile:

Anyways, JJs Bolero version Cha-Cha V03 is exposed to the sunlight at Bernd’s Kompoz.
V02 was soooooo bad, it got deleted with extreme prejudice. :rofl: I decided to invest some time in actually reading Cha-Cha scores and trying to understand tumbaos, montunos, claves and all kind of rhythmic patterns for instruments. When was the last time I spent so much time reading notes? Never. :rofl:
Implications are that, at this point, Scaler got reduced to idea drafting and pretty much all midis are built from the scratch.

Ok, for those that might one day want to recreate it:

1. Chorus(-ish) part got created (using Scaler of corse). Recycled some chords from JJs.

1. Percussion - minor changes

Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Chorus.mid (72 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Intro.mid (113 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Outro.mid (72 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Perc-Verse.mid (72 Bytes)

1. Piano - lots of changes

Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Chorus.mid (852 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Intro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Outro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Piano-Verse.mid (1.3 KB)

1. Brass - minor changes (well, chorus)

Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Chorus.mid (183 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Intro.mid (364 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Outro.mid (268 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Brass-Verse.mid (268 Bytes)

1. Bass - lots of changes

Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Chorus.mid (391 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Intro.mid (735 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Outro.mid (655 Bytes) Cha-Cha-V03-Bass-Verse.mid (655 Bytes)

1. Guitar Right CH (panned to the right used only in chorus)

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-CH-Chorus.mid (848 Bytes)

1. Guitar Right V (panned right - used in verses)

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-V-Intro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-V-Outro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Right-V-Verse.mid (1.3 KB)

1. Guitar Left

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Left-Intro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Left-Outro.mid (1.3 KB) Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Left-Verse.mid (1.3 KB)

1. Guitar Lead - only in chorus. Midi export does not contain cheesy pulls (automation track) :frowning: I don’t know how to go about it.

Cha-Cha-V03-Guitar-Lead-Chorus.mid (260 Bytes)

Image-Line just decided to give away bunch of guitars and basses for Flex sample instrument. Just in time :rofl: as I really needed nice guitar sounds.

Arrangement:

Sounds really good.
You got a lot of work and a lot of instruments, but it was worth it. Thanks, Bernd :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks me?? @lelek did all the work, credit to whom credit is due!

Well. Thanks lelek. Very good chachachá

Thank you Kind Sir :slight_smile: Still work in progress as, for now, it’s more ha ha ha than cha cha cha :rofl:
Anyways, at least it’s going somewhere.