Trigger Chords using Magic Trackpad

Hello

First of all congrats on Scaler 2, fantastic!

And now for my bug/whinge:

When auditioning chords in any section using Mac Trackpad, the response is inconsistent, like its velocity sensitive. Sometimes the chord triggers straight away, other times not at all. This hampers the workflow a bit. A full press on the trackpad is fine, but using the Mac Tap to click feature not fine.

On 1.8 a gentle tap (therefore not annoying wife!) triggers the chord with full sustain and volume, I have quickly got used to this behaviour!

I’ve scoured through the settings but can’t find a relevant setting on V2.

Occurs on 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 Mac 10.14.6, Ableton Live 10.1.

Yours in hope

Chris

Interesting that you bring this up because I always ‘click’ rather than tap. Just feels like the right way to do it. But now If I tap it is velocity sensitive and I see what you mean. I just always ‘click’ rather than tap. It makes sense otherwise it would always trigger when you moving the mouse over a chord trigger otherwise it would always trigger.
Any other thoughts from anyone? I’ll discuss this with the team too.

Hi Davide

Thanks for your feedback.

In my experience I never had a problem with accidental triggers on 1.8 when hovering and then tapping.

I’ll see if there is a way to configure the sensitivity of the trackpad by way of a velocity threshold!

Kind regards

Chris

This is lodged internally so we will do some testing and see if there’s a better way to do this. Stay tuned and watch for the updates!

Awesome

Really appreciate your responsiveness

Best

Chris