Try out Scaler for percussion!

I haven’t still tested this option because I am still polyshing my guitars, but I’ll try Scaledrums a day or another

Now, coming to the “The Scaler Forum Band” project I hope I can go on board despite I gained 1,75 bucks selling streamings, something that makes me a professional
:rofl:

BTW, why not calling it the Sgt. Scaler’s Lonely Hearts Forum Band?

3 Likes

I see a legend in the making.

If you have a pad based sampler (Impact XT in Studio One), one of the cool things is that you can watch your pattern play and then swap sounds as needed.

For those just tuning in, if you drive your drum synth or sampler with different Scaler PERFORM modes (A), you can tune the notes and timing in the pattern area (B) and (in the case of Impact XT) watch and adjust the samples in real time until you get a groove you like. Don’t forget to mess with the Playback speed and Humanize w/in in the PERFORM toolbar. The more complicated the chord (or note sequence) you are playing, the more they impact more than just tempo and groove. Not a “real” drum machine for sure, but a surprising amount of functionality and a great way to drive tuned percussion (More on this late)

So many Scaler creative paths…so little wine in my cellar.

1 Like

I know it’s all in “joke mode” but, if it get’s serious, I want in. :slight_smile: I need something positive under (yet another) lockdown :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was actually somewhat serious. I’ve been looking for a collaboration with non-expert musicians, to learn & experiment together without attitude and snobbery. All the better when including tech tools for making music without judgment whether that is “real music”. Perhaps we should start a new, focused, discussion thread for this?

2 Likes

Wonderful! :slight_smile:

I think it is a good idea - keeping things tidy never hurts.

1 Like

I am interested, as far as nobody asks me to make videos
:crazy_face: :rofl:

Ha ha :rofl: I, the undersigned, lelek hereby promise that from this time forward I shall not ask people (including but not limited to @ClaudioPorcellana) to make videos of the awsome stuff they do. :rofl:

1 Like

ride21

Hi guys, here is my Scaledrums test

I called it 1st April’s Plumber… dunno why

Here is the xml
1st-aprils-plumber.xml (14.8 KB)

And now I am quite sure you will chase me away from that new group… :rofl:

1 Like

Sounds a little like a Tibetan monastery meets the London Underground. I like the panning. Can you please provide a detailed description of how you created this…preferably using complicated animated GIFs, inspiring annotated screen captures and profound text passages. What ever you do however, please don’t create a video! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No Please. A video, No

1 Like

I just retrieved the Ableton Live project from the garbage bin because I didn’t ever believed somebody wanted to know…

Well, I’ll find a way to explain it, but it’s very simple
You only need the Scaler’s xml above, and the instruments I used
The Scaler’s pattern was found clicking buttons randomly :wink:

This was one of the most creative ideas I have seen in years.
I always have trouble with rhythmic base and using Scaler makes it very easy to me too have at least a “not bad” result.
I tried another day, randomly, and found it interesting. So, I’ll spend some time playing with Scaler to develop some rhythms because I believe this has a lot of potential.

LOL
OK, here is the explanation
I used 2 Ableton Drum racks fed by 1 Scaler instance

The 1st rack contain samples from an Ableton free Pack called Sound Objects Lite
I dropped samples randomly, so no way to explain now

The same rack drives an amazing free instrument called Wave Organ that you must grab if not grabbed so far :wink:

The 2nd Drum rack drives another bunch of Sound Objects Lite selected randomly

That’s all

1 Like

I am working on another Scaledrum tune, in the Deep Purple style
:smile:
Tomorrow it will come
Stay tuned

The Scaledrum tune, in the Deep Purple style here

1 Like

Don’t forget about Scaler for percussion.

New releases have brought even more interesting patterns to play with in drum machines and samplers. Explore the thread above for more info.