Undo function

so today I created a chord sequence, really liked it, made a track from it. I subsequently wanted to make a copy of the chord progressions and add rests into the new progression. I cocked up something and moved a chord, couldnt rememebr what it was , tried to paste the midi track back into scaler, just really screwed it up and cant get back to where I started :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :face_with_diagonal_mouth: If only there was an ā€˜undoā€™ function (like in cubase, CTRL + Z) just undo the previous steps and get back to a previous step. Have to start all over again :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: Is there any possibilty of adding undo steps ? This would be a life saver :blush:

1 Like

On the Edit Page is the undo arrows ----
I donā€™t think you can undo it if you wipe out a session with a Detect MIDI incident.

1 Like

I wouldnt have done the midi detect if I could have undone the current step, that cocked it up even more :laughing:

MIDI detect does ask if you are sure you want to replace the current progression.

1 Like

and you can right click the ā€˜Sā€™ logo top left and undo / redo from there.

1 Like

well that doesnt really answer my original question, weā€™re getting into ā€˜told you soā€™ territory. All I asked for was an ā€˜undoā€™ function. Looks like davide has suggested right clicking the ā€˜Sā€™ for undo. Ill give it a try, although why in the hell would they hide it there ? makes no sense

I tried to answer your question as best I could. Good luck.

2 Likes

I had forgotten about the undo function, but as @davide said, right-click on the Scaler in the top left-hand corner of the UI

opens a menu. The first item is to ā€œUndo Last Actionā€. This is available on all the pages of the UI.

It may be useful is to be able to undo a number of actions rather than be restricted to the last action in future releases.

Iā€™ve stepped back through at least 4 actions. I havenā€™t tried past that. Have you tried continuing backwards? Itā€™s not a true history, meaning you canā€™t just jump backwards by 3 say, but it keeps them in memory for at least 4.

You could have used that track with Scaler Audio/MIDI recognition then, to re-have your series of chords, at leastā€¦
:wink:

Anyway, after many mistakes like yours, many users save a Scaler status before changing it

and why not getting there, considering that 2 undo options exist and you didnā€™t know either?
BTW, me and other asked for an Undo options eons ago, and we were listened, so please be patient

CTRL+Z where?

The reason why the option is hidden, is likely due to programming problems (that most musicians, me included, donā€™t understand) that will fixed in the new GUI of the next major release AFAIK

Iā€™ve stepped back through 10 actions in different parts of the GUI, so I think you can step back forever :cyclone:

So now, the only useful thing that can happen is having a standard shortcut for it, i.e. the CTRL+Z I asked some time ago :grinning:

You ar ecorrect, stupid me not watching what I was doing and so @davide et al please ignore my comment

as it was based on a mistake.

1 Like

crazy place to put that functionality, but at least now Im aware of it :laughing:

1 Like

crazy place to put that functionality

Well, in the past they were called easter eggs, and people were very happy spotting them
:grinning:

This canā€™t happen, or at least not very easily. That command is consumed by the OS and the DAW. What would be better is to allow a Macro or assign a key command that isnā€™t consumed by the system. This has been asked for of many other plugins as well and this is the answer given on most levels. I donā€™t think it will or even can happen.

1 Like

Yes, you are right
Any shortcut is fine, but a button that can be clicked forever like in Section C can be even better

Yeah easter eggs are fun for secrets & non essential functions but not something like this

Itā€™s not an Easter Egg as itā€™s clearly stated in the manual IIRC. I know, no one reads the manual but here we are. I do believe this has been asked before and @davide has mentioned a major GUI overhaul down the line that will no doubt address these kind of things. Not saying itā€™s coming in V3 but when they decided to revamp the GUI Iā€™m sure we will see it.

I know, I know, I was joking :grinning:

1 Like