User Interface Tips & Tricks for Beginners - Selecting Chords in Scaler

If you are new to Scaler, some of these tips might save you a little time.
Sorry about the all the sibilance, still getting mics sorted.

7 Likes

Good stuff, thanks @TMacD! What I want to know what those cool tunes are playing in the background :wink:

I knew I could count on you to notice the little things. :slight_smile:

I wish I could take more credit, but it is just a Rolland (or maybe Sony) production arrangement I tweaked a bit.

1 Like

Just a thought… you could send your raw recording through a low pass filter around 8kHz, that leaves your voice intact, but filters out the sharp hissing sounds. I sometimes do that in my post production for YT videos.

1 Like

Very nice job with this. I realized I’m not using Preview Selected as often as I might.

I’ve been with Scaler for a little while now and know it relatively well, but the video helped me re-think some of my workflows with it.

Hi,

As far as “single notes” in patterns. Please see my bug report on this topic. There is a known issue with single notes and the developers are planning a patch with the next release (I hope).

When a single note takes the place of a chord, I call that a “Unison” and so does Scaler. However, the bug is that 1) single notes do not lasso and get moved to patterns, 2) if you put single notes in a pattern, save, close and re-open the project, Scaler removes the notes (this is the bug I hope can be corrected).

Single notes in patterns can be very effective. For example, a guitar part often has single notes then a chord strum. I won’t go into all the implications of that but I think you’ll get it.

We want single notes to be able to used within patterns.

Anyway, again, thanks for the well presented and useful video. This is more a side comment about the “single note” issue.