Visual Indication of Current Chord

Hi,

When Perform is on, I would find it helpful if Scaler could provide a visual indication of the last selected, currently playing chord.

A highlighted outline around the chord box would be one good way for that to be viewed. Use of color here (e.g. red or yellow or green, or user’s choice) would be great.

Perhaps simpler and quicker to implement than a highlighted outline would be to use the light/dark toggling of the horizontal bar at the top of chord boxes for this purpose, as that already exists.

In fact, that works well when Perform is off, letting us see controlling pad presses (e.g. from a Launchpad) for as long as they are held. That is great, when Perform is off.

When Perform is on though, I would very much like to always be able to look at Scaler and see the chord that is currently being performed, and right now (v2.4) that is not the case.

I also note that when chords are triggered with the mouse there is no visual indication at all. No point in leaving this case out, IMO.

So, I’m suggesting comprehensive visuals in all cases so that the user is never left wondering!

Hi @sj1 - perhaps it is on your particular system/DAW that the contrast doesn’t show, but on my setup it is obvious which chord is currently used for a performance…

Sure we can argue whether the contrast is sufficient and different colors should be used, that point has been made before, to introduce more high contrast UI options.

The visual comments are window-dressing, AFAIAC.

The essence is: “When Perform is on, I would find it helpful if Scaler could provide a visual indication of the last selected, currently playing chord.”

This needs to persist so long as the Perform is On.

Currently I only see an indication while the triggering key/pad is being held down.

My apologies if the error is mine.

Oh I see what you mean, you want the chord highlighted even after it is let go, not pressed anymore. “Last played” - gotcha.