Welcome Scaler 2.4 (musical showcase)

Well said sir…and well played! :slight_smile:

Resolved Longing by Bernd@PDX | Free Listening on SoundCloud

“Composing” this took no more than 10 minutes of quality time with Scaler 2.4 and Waldorf Nave.

I had the Nave as an iPad app for a while, in fact one of my first iOS based soft synths. It just went on sale the other day as VST. It’s not as stable as I had wished, but the ability to run multiple instances in parallel was worth it (iPad only runs one preset at a time, as synth, not considering bouncing audio into the track).

1 Like

Made with Scaler 2.4 which is driving most everything in one form or another including the percussion (violin, viola, cello and acoustic bass being tapped and hit with hands and sampled into Kontakt.

HETEROGENEOUS

6 Likes

I use it in die make Sounddesign with it for Dolby Atmos production. Together with remidi.
Because i Personal do Not speak english and my husband only a little it will be fine if someone makes a Tutorial for Scaler use inside the Davinci Resolve DAW together best with Remidi.

Here an example how Scaler was used with Plasmonic (i make Patches since 6 months for Plasmonic) and 5000 Worldmusic Patches.

I did made a teaser for the #jazzday for the official Education Program. We did send 2 cord progressions from from Kabul Radiostation and Constanta Radio in Space and let the Sounds move with Geolocation.

Background: a discussion with Herbie Hancock in a Livestream. I did blur the faces. At the end of Video also some sounds mikroscaled.

2 Likes

@jamieh thanks for yours like. Yours Work with Johanna Priestley remembers me that i still have since a longer time some short Video unfinished here. Still no time to make the music for this piece. And still not ready for Color Fragments. The Lightrays i did put inside should be for moving Sounds with Dolby Atmos i am concentrating me.

For a first beginn to set the sound objects in the Strass and let them move here will be a more easy task to keep them moving in a natural way.

But with the netherlands artist i have since a longer time contact because of my 360 photography and filming since years.

Maybe we can do some work and sounds together using scaler inside DaVinci Resolve.

Hi @tocan. I use DaVinci Resolve but not for sound design. I’ve used all the DAWs out there it seems but lately have been using Ableton Live and now Cubase 11 for music and sound design. I would be interested in your workflow in Resolve. I did a 1 hour feature for Joanna Priestley called North of Blue that was done entirely in Ableton Live with final mix in Pro Tools. I wish I could have mixed it in Atmos but we has no facility for it.
The video above looks quite interesting. This is the one you haven’t done audio for, correct? Looks like it would be fun to work on. Are you using Artmatic and Voyager for that video? I used those for years. I was on the Beta team for a long time.

Yes its done with Colour VR. This Tool ist easy to learn.

Workflow. Most time i use inside DaVinci Resolve with Unify. Unify ist a VST host that eat all. So i start in a Channel Unify as VST Plugin. Inside Unify you have a Box where you can load yours Midifile
Also Remidi and Scaler 2. In General you Work with Unify but the Advantage is that you Play and be in the DAW and can easy adapt yours Videoscenes the same time. AS DAW Davinci Resolve Fairlight have a Lots of limitations because you can not edit Midi inside there. This way i Go direction Musescore what have in Professional Film Work Advantages. Because the Orchestration ist often external the Composer.

Because the Davinci Guys are most time only visual orientated there exist no good Tutorials for Audio.

Mainly in the Moment i have the Problem that for Dolby Atmos you need Wave files not Midi. In fact i have to Work Out, how i get from Unify Just one Sound Out. And do define for the Soundobjects in DaVinci Resolve the Output. You can have 128 Soundobjects that you can place in the room and let them move. For Bassdrum and Bass you Like not to have an Sound Object. But i guess for this we should Open a new thread.

First for Managing Davinci Resolve one and second another for Dolby Atmos.

Windows will not work. Needs Mac OS Catalina.

1 Like

very happy to get those ones because unison midi chord pack ads kept on remembering this was missing in Scaler :smiley:

You folks may want to take this private via email since this is a Scaler forum.

I didn’t make the public vote but I loved how it come out and again, like most of my work I have scaler, Ed and the rest of the DEVS to thanks. Makes chords and melodies a breeze - all channels (except perc) featuring scaler. Kind of hoped it would have made the public vote so I could have done a video on it, may still do:

5 Likes

Nicely done. Good use of Scaler and the Orchestra. I’m always amazed when I work the 2 together.

I am not happy about because exact such Infos are most important. For example my Studio is such: old one Euro (eBay) keyboard. And i did notify yours Dell. Very good to convert it. in parts to a Hackintosh. My z420 is from 2009 and i bought it one year ago.
Today arrived my Violine. I can not play but i Like to use it for a video to have a rhytmn foley patterns that sound’s like a violine wooden case.

1 Like

Do you mean the PC or the MIDI keyboard?
:thinking:

And, what about the Christmas’s penguin hardware?
Is it a MIDI interface as well?
:rofl:

The penguin is on the treble keys. If you don’t like high-pitched sounds on your keyboard, you know where the penguin has to go. :rofl: :rofl:
402 / 5000

Resultados de traducción

But, seriously now. You have good hardware (at least compared to mine). When you teach your studies, I am a bit ashamed to say my thing. I have an i5 PC and a 25-key Akai MPK mini without mod wheels. But I managed to connect a joystick from when I played with my children with the Nintendo and so I have modulation wheels. My older children, 35 and 36 years old
For these mod wheels I use Fergo JoystickMIDI and loopmidi. I never occurred to me to think of the penguin :rofl:

1 Like

OK, I propose now to award the weakest hardware ever for music production!
I just started a new 3D
:grinning:

BTW, I asked about the penguin on behalf of my friend Ibex, the guy who assists me in Mix & Max tasks
:grinning:

1 Like

Me and my husband are Malers and Support Open Source. And i sew every Christmas some Tux Penguins to sell them. For this i buy than for example a new Libary or a plugin.
From last christmas i sold only 5 and have still 5. or 4. I did post one announcement to Facebook but most groups delete such postings as Spam or say they do not allow advertisements last year.

In fact i have a fixed budget and there can be the best offer for a Sale. If its not in the fixed budget than one € is to much.
Hey Guys… If someone produce something like cases or boxes IT do not disturb me If he post pictures arround there.
The Guy have a nice Studio and they See. Much better than to get links in derection of Amazon.
I do not buy with Amazon anything for example.

Do not worry what i see here, is when you bought new more expensive than my boat. :mask:

I set some hope in you… And yours skills. Normal i sample Teddybears. My mother did grow my and my twin sister allone and we did have just one Doll together. It will come the time to show some bears i did not got when i was a child and was dreaming about.

Anyway, what is showed in the picture is not my “musical studio”
My hardware is multi-purpose, and its main purpose is my job (translations)

1 Like