What do you want in Scaler 3.0?

Having been in the software business for rather a long time, it is a characteristic of all service desks (and not just in software) to punt back error reports by blaming something else unless it can obviously be parked on them … but that cynical comment aside let’s see if it can be reproduced on other gear. Maybe @Trankonia might help … he’s a seasoned cakewalk user.

This is no longer a problem on my system with the latest version of Cakewalk and Scaler.

2 Likes

Oddly enough Cakewalk/Sonar has actually been cutting edge for a long time. They were the first 64 bit DAW and were early adopters of VST3 (obviously can’t be the first there as it is a Steinberg developed standard). But have ironically “supported” 32bit VSTs long after other dropped the format and still maintained cutting edge support.

I’ll have to do some work to try to find “repeatable” scenarios. Thanks for the support.

I agree completely. For example, CAL as a scripting language was way ahead of the pack, as was the templating and other user configurability. Its demise (prior to Band Lab) was IMHO the fault of Gibson, who, beset by other issues and having no real track record as far as I could see in the software world blew it. A real pity, as I had invested effort into getting in to it.
There was, though, a focus of users in the US, compared to Cubase.

There may be a resurgence, however. I’ve already had more updates from Band Lab since they took it over than any other app AND it’s f r e e !

Well, if nothing else maybe I helped @yorkeman come aboard with his set of diagnostic insight. Maybe it will get sussed out.
Good luck!

Still waiting for this feature:
Single note recognition (instead of only chord recognition by now)
Any chance to see this?
Shouldn’t be rocket science I guess…
Cheers
Oliver

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/audio-recognition-chord-instead-of-notes/9191?u=oliver

I would like to be able to see and edit the midi while inside of scaler. Move the notes around etc.

7 Likes

There’s many ways for us to do this, just about choosing the right way thats intuitive and fun and doesn’t feel like we are being a DAW imposter! Watch this space.

3 Likes

This feature would be such a great addition to an already powerful tool!
I really enjoy Toontrack’s approach to MIDI editing on EZ Bass and the MIDI previewing on EZ Keys.
I’d love to be able to do this in a similar if not better way in Scaler.
It will help a great deal for those of us who mostly write Funk progressions that are syncopated/anticipated

1 Like

I would like to help where I can. I am a bit out of commission right now due to a back injury but will try to do some testing next week after I get some injections. If there is a new beta version or new release of Scaler let me know as I have not been in Scaler for quite some time as I have been focusing more on my band and playing/recoding drums and assisting in the production of friends album. That said, if I know what we want to duplicate I am more than happy to investigate.

2 Likes

I wish you a speed recovery Dorien

Thanks! Happened while on a cruise vacation that had to be cut short

That sucks…did you manage to get back without having to have special transport ?

Hope you recover soon

It was an Alaska Cruise and they had us get off in Juneau as it would be difficult to evacuate the more north you go. 12 day cruise had to bail on the 2nd day.

Cakewalk is so unstable even under Bandlab I was considering it for use as my main DAW but had to purchase FL STUDIO and bail out.

Most users of Cakewalk complain about instability and I have experienced that first hand.

The Windows 3.1 Cakewalk preferences and main menus should tell you all you need to know about how their code is.

Scaler has been very stable inside Studio One (very unstable too for other VSTs) and FL Studio.

Cakewalk may be the main culprit for your scaler crashes.

Scaler is no angel but it crashes not as often as Captain Plugins.

I haven’t had any more problems with Cakewalk than I have had with Ableton Live 11.

Have you investigated what may be causing the instability?

I uninstalled Cakewalk some time back. I was responding to a Cakewalk user who has had problems with Scaler crashing.

For some people Cakewalk is stable but it wasn’t for me.

But then again I tend to do smaller projects

I also uninstalled Cakewalk, and everything became more stable.
I was sad to do it, as I still have the floppies from the first version (when it was Cakewalk, before switching to Sonar), but uninstalling it automatically fixed a lot of problems, even running other music programs. I don’t know what the problem is exactly. I thought about it a lot before removing it. It is a free program with many good functions, and at first it worked very well for me, but in one of its updates everything was destabilized

1 Like