When is Scalar 2.0 coming out--what is the delay?

I am going to answer this best my knowledge only because it gets asked often. But let me clarify that I don’t set the pricing. I think Scaler 2 will retail for approximately the same amount as Scaler 1. I think the upgrade price will be around the 50% off the retail price. So if Scaler 2 were to retail for $59 USD. Upgrade would probably be around $29 USD.

Agreed, and all the programmers are creatives. I work alongside the lead developer on a daily basis and I am a long-term full time composer and producer who uses Scaler in my workflow on a daily basis. Several of our dev team have released some great music. Our features are only considered in the art of music making. Not program development. And we are extremely fortunate to have this community that helps us progress Scaler.

3 Likes

This is why you will always have a loyal customer following that grows and grows. When everyone on the development team has passion that drives creativity–it has an exponential effect where a team of 5 or a team of 10 is like a team of 20 or 30 respectively. When everyone shares a passion in their art of the craft and everyone expresses this joy-- this drives invention into new areas.

That is one of the reason’s why I like Presonus Studio One Pro-- the carefully listen to their customers and implement features that compliment the art and the workflow process. I think it would be a great asset if the Scalar 2 team could develop videos that show workflow processes. It would be nice if there was a library of tutorial videos that show different applications in work flows-- maybe show a singer songwriter style of workflow, an EDM producer, a hip hop artist, pop song singer…and then it would be great to show specific stages of productions where different applications are used and show the creative processes.

There are some incredible possibilities to show creative workflows in how songwriters work. The hardest part I have in songwriting is the bridge—like my grammy songwriter friend always tells me— the bridge is important process all about where are you gonna go and how are you coming back and once you find it, you know you have it because there’s no other bridge section other than the one you created. I want to use Scalar 2 in creative ways that allow lots of flexibility to write a bridge section that gives the song its soul…an this process is so important as you want to be able to put a bridge in and quickly modify on the cuff while never leaving the zone state.

I’m changing my workflow by integrating Presonus ATOM–a 16 groove box–style pad controller and also a Studio One DAW controller— this means I don’t have to use my mouse at all in many work flow processes— just my keyboard and Atom controller. So there are endless possibilities in how to structure a new song idea from throwing short passages into Atom from Impact XT while experimenting with bass or percussion or melody and then getting into magic with Scalar 2.

1 Like

This is great news. Thank you.

Workflow videos are being made now. There are short, inbuilt tutorial videos and workflow videos which are much more elaborate videos showing different workflow approaches whilst showing off the feature sets.

1 Like
4 Likes

Is there any way you can record the skype review or create a video that has more information. It would be really nice if the Scalar 2 workflow videos, promo videos, tutorial videos, new features and applications could all be timely integrated in your release. When I was working in product development with advertising directors and directors of development, we created a good campaign where all the promos, tutorials, testimonials, product reviews were timed with the release date. This not only builds a dynamic sales campaign but it boosts the branding on many levels.

2 Likes

Absolutely incredible— wonderful

1 Like

Hi @Rodger

we are in the process of creating tutorial and workflow videos to explain each features and how they can be used creatively. There will be product review and testimonials from many users in the community as well.

All of this will be available on launch date.

Thanks for the support,
Ed

2 Likes

Here’s an In-Depth Overview and Tutorial of most of the features. Going to start shooting some workflow videos relating to how each major feature can work in real world song creation and music production:

5 Likes

Amazing, great job i like the new UX Design (more simple)
I especially love the “Expressions” new feature :smiley:

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa. I just watched the video and I feel like my brain is going to explode. I’m super excited for this release. The amount of new features is amazing as well as substantial. Well done. I know more videos are planned but please tell us that an in-depth pdf guide/manual is coming as well.

Like the names of the performances, phrases, and rhythms for example… I have no idea what those mean. I think it was mentioned like it was “slow”, “medium”, “fast”, etc.? It would be helpful if there was a quick reference for things like that.

Yes detailed manual and guide videos built in! We will look at explaining the expressions but basically they are just a means of categorisation. Loosely going form performances, phrases and rhythms that are slow to fast / lively. Categorised by tempo. Remember you can change the speed of each individual performance so the naming is kind of arbitrary!

1 Like

Question. Supposing 1 chord contains more notes then others in the progression. How the the expression interact on that chord as apposed to chords with less notes?

@MiR it depends on the expression and the number of notes it contains.

If you have less notes in your chord than needed by the expression it will adapt and play only the notes you feed it.

You capture the MIDI and compare what happens to specific expressions when you pass a triad vs a 13th chord for example.

Davide, you’re fielding questions well. I used to work for a software company as a Quality Assurance Engineer. I know how much users want a product, but also know that when a product is released too soon, you most likely will have angry customers because of program bugs not found soon enough.

Kudos, for waiting for a stable release, and hopefully later this May you will release V2, but if not, stay the course and release a stable product, or it will come back to bite you.

Also, pulled the trigger on Scaler, but was surprised to see it was version 1.8xx. I thought I was buying V2. Guess I will have to wait like everyone else for the V2 release. Hope there is some grace period for late buyers.

Take care and looking forward to your V2 release.
Dennis

Thanks for the words Dennis. I will send you a PM.

It’s been quite some time since I felt such anticipation for a plugin/instrument to be launched. Davide’s videos have just stoked the fires. I hope the May 27th date holds

Apologies if this is covered earlier, I did scan but saw nothing.

When Scaler 2 is out (and I assume we’ll get a prompt), does it override Scaler 1.8 or do we end up with both? I assume the licence key is the same? I’ve only recently bought Scaler, so not fussed about losing 1.8, I can imagine others might be midway through some projects and be reluctant to put new software into the mix

@JonSeyton Scaler 1.8 and Scaler 2.0 will co-exist. They are seperate plugins. We wanted one to override the other but it was too risky for our users. Licence keys are seperate.

2 Likes

Are there advantages that Scalar 1 will have over Scalar 2? In other words, once Scalar 2.0 is purchased, any features/workflows/options in Scalar 1.0 can be done plus much more in Scalar 2.0.
Is this correct?

Rodger