Which Daw do you use?

Im using Luna. Its an absolute joy. By far the easiest DAW for capturing outboard gear. And it sounds absolutely amazing (especially when using the Neve summing). The Warp features sound a million times better than Abletons. It doesnt have every feature but Luna with some UAD plugs and a fab filter bundle,and Serato Sample is all i need

Studio One Pro all the way here 10+ years now.

Cheers

SonicMojo

i think that pro x it’s better but i won’t dismiss the other option

The turbo of your car seems a good option as well
:grin:

Studio 1 for me, been at it a couple of years now. All I do is midi - no recording. I used Reason a LONG time ago (vers 3, I think) and made some godawful pieces with it. I just got back into audio production a couple of years ago, started with the free version of Studio 1 and finally gave in to the subscription model.

And while maybe not the most senior member here, I was also an avid and devoted Winamp user. I had heard a few years ago that they were going to bring it back, but if they had, I must have missed it. I’d download it again in a second.

1 Like

I also liked WinAmp, and would download it again without hesitation if they bring it back.
As for the oldest, you should know that the father of this forum turned out to be Yorkeman, by acclamation (perhaps rout?)

LOL - I am humble in my relative youth, merely ((# of notes in a pentatonic scale) * (# months in a year) +4).

I am, however, cheered by the prospect by maybe not even being in the top 10.

Ableton live 11 suite… But I have Cubase, FL Studio, Pro Tools lite… in Fact i have all daws… Ableton works best for me for my work flow… I like to work quick… Ideas/feelings I get out better that way, rather than fluffing around with DAW that you have to deeply program… Otherwise, the vibes you get to the idea you making looses its consistency… So i tried them all… Ableton Live i always use, even if some things i feel are restrictive… Midi is one, but sample manipulation, its the best out there… TBH…IMHO…

Hi
new to Scaler
using Reaper for years

1 Like

Hello the three of you :slight_smile: and welcome to the magic world of Scaler.
You’ll find a whole bunch of Reaper users like @jjfagot and me (there are others, too) so you’ll have an opportunity to find pretty fast the solutions to your eventual problems between specifically Reaper and Scaler.
The entire community is very helpful and your learning curve should be quite easy.

2 Likes

I use mpc software /studio one pro5 /maschine / reason studio12 /serato studio / cubase éléments 12 and scaler it’s one of my favorite plugin for chords progressions and melody !!! And in hardware i use mpc 5000

Cubase Pro, since 2018 (coming from Cakewalk).

In the current Cubase version (2022) Scaler is inserted as a vst instrument that can output midi to another track, so if you want to use it with a vst synth you have 2 tracks. The disadvantage is that a multi-Scaler session with sync is a nightmare because tracks get doubled. The advantage is that midi output is simplified (you may midi record both Scaler input and output).

Reaper 100% for years!
I love the way you can customize the workflow and everything about it.
Scaler works great with it!
Also if I need to figure out how to do something in Reaper, I just go to all the Kenny Goia videos on Youtube, and “poof” there it is.

1 Like

Kenny Goia is a guardian angel for every Reaper user. He explains everything very clearly and always discovers new things for us to apply in Reaper.

3 Likes

That’s why I am amazed by this DAW.
Just when you think you got it figured out,
BAM, along comes another video that makes you say,
“I didn’t know it could do that”!
Actually, I think the only thing missing from this DAW is the added instruments and sounds that come stock with the others.
I guess that explains why the install file is only 15Mb, as opposed to the multi Gb, installs of the others.
Which, is fine with me as I have an external drive filled with almost 2Tb of samples, loops, and instruments that I work with, and that is more than the other DAWs can provide, and yet I can do almost all of the same things they can do.
A final thought, all the stuff Reaper can do is only $60!

2 Likes

There’s one thing I miss in Reaper, easier native integration with hardware controllers. But there is ReaLearn plugin that makes this part easier. Still, Reaper is much intuitive for me than other DAWs I tried i.e. Ableton, Bitwig, Reason. And more powerful.

For years, I used Reason (from v2.5), but when I switched to Mac, it was a no-brainer to pick up Logic Pro. Now, I can also use the Reason Rack (v12) within LPX as a plug-in.

I also use an iPad Pro 12.9 M1 using NanoStudio 2, Cubasis and Auria Pro.

Interesting. I am switched from Ableton to Cubase, because Cubase is amazing for film scoring. Really. It was the pain in Ableton. I don’t find so much videos and tutorials regarding the film scoring in Reaper honestly. Is it good?

1 Like

Switched from Logic to Ableton. And then to Cubase. But at this moment I am using both: Ableton and Cubase

Not a single thing I’ve ever wanted to do in a DAW that I haven’t been able to get Reaper to do. If it’s really obscure (once I get an idea for a workflow nothing else will do :rofl:) then it can take some time to figure out.
In my opinion Reaper is a DAW that’s designed to be configurable any way you want to work. Where most software is designed with a few efficient workflows in mind, Reaper can be nearly anything. So it’s great, at everything, but only if you put the time in.
Out of the box it can seem clumsy to some.

1 Like