Why are 99% of the songs in minor now?

Have you noticed that many songs are minor now.
I found that minor is easier to make. I play a minor with scaler, and it’s easy to hum, and it’s not ugly.
Minor can be sad, cheerful, slow, dance music, rap, all very good.
But if it’s a major and can’t be done well, it feels like a children’s song. :sweat_smile:
This is my true feeling. I wonder why. What controls our souls?
Finally, in scaler software, most chords are also minor.
Let’s talk about our views

1 Like

Because Iike it! LOL

1 Like

Let me read up on Sigmund Freud before I can answer this question :wink:

1 Like

Well, this is not new. David Gilmour said the same a long time ago. And he was right.

3 Likes

well. Is there a video or article of him saying this? I want to see what he said.

Not the same guy speaking, but can be useful anyway

2 Likes

As I wrote, it was a long time ago and I do not remember the source. It as either a newspaper or a magazine because at that time internet did not exist.

1 Like

thank you very much :smiley:

This sentence helped me a lot, thank you

Minor in the verse, relative major in the chorus.

Or, the other way around. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For someone who follows(not as "following on Twitter :grinning:) Pink Floyd,since about 50 years, I read a lot by them and about them, discussed with my friends when i was young, so i remember stuff, but certainly not all the details. Not scientific, but memory, however. It’s easier nowadays with influencers and today’s stars. You can find what brand of cereals someone took for breakfast five days ago :grin:. Anyways, David is one of my most important influences in guitar playing, along with EC

1 Like

Likely Melody Maker a journal I always read and commented at home of a friend of mine that was very fond of modern music

1 Like

Hot take: Minor is the new Major.

3 Likes

That’s a good name. Make a video :smiley:

2 Likes

Just landed in Bb Major… I’m enjoying being in the 1%.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

OT: The scale I hate more is: MI SI FA REb
(Sorry, just @davide or another Italian folk can understand the pun LOL)

1 Like

in my opinion,
whatever your starting point, a phrase has to modulate even with a borrowed chord, if not it is just a whistle tune. major tune can be referring to young age because your ears heard them when you were young, indoor toys or mom singing , very oftently in major, simply of that. In Japan or India or wherever, I think they have the same feeling but not with the same notes and same scales. Anyway, major and minor chords are our very good friends, dominants fifth making the outsiders notes going home.
Major tune can be sad and blue and a minor can be bright and positive.
I don’t hear 99% minor song
it is my opinion :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you. I mean, most songs now start in minor. It’s not that there are only minor tunes in it. For example, Am F C G

The Major key can also be very sad, But this needs to be written and produced by yourself. Under normal circumstances, starting with a minor tune, simple production, more suitable for loops, this is my personal feeling, not necessarily right.