15634125,6415,Universal chord

Now I get up every day and use MIDI keyboard to control scaler’s C major.
I’m so happy.
I found that 1563, 4125 and 6415 are really universal chords.
A lot of songs are played by these chords.
15634125 is C-G-Am-Em-F-C-Dm-G
6415 is Am-F-C-G
Many of the most famous pop songs on the charts are 6415
So here’s the problem. Why do chords go the same way, but they sound so different.
This is that the emotional expression of each song is different.
I can’t play the piano, just know the chords, about how to do emotional expression, I won’t.
Now I can only play it simply, or use ezkey to modify it.
Will scaler improve the emotional expression of chords in the future?
I think this is very interesting.

Simply put the 4 chords, change the duration of each chord, change the different voices (change the order of notes in which each chord is played) change to Dynamic, Open voicing, etc and you have it. If you apply perfomances, you will have more differences, …
Also put the 4 chords in different tones - scales. If you change it from Major to Minor, the difference is already noticeable, but Scaler has many more scales. Proof.
It also depends a lot on the instrumentation chosen, the sound levels (dynamics), the attack of the notes (velocity), the speed at which your piece develops, the organization (intro, verse, etc.) . In short, there are many factors. By experimenting, you can come up with something that you simply like (if you don’t like it, don’t pretend that others like it, hehe)
In the end, if your taste matches what others like and you have good marketing, you will succeed.

3 Likes

Is that the same concept that is often expressed with roman numbers, like I-V-VI-III-IV etc.?
And accordingly lower case when a chord is in minor key?

Ah yes, that’s what scaler 2.4 calls ‘sentimental’.
Chords on their own are really nothing, its the harmony and melody around them that create mnemonics the brain favours so much. The stretch from one note to another whilst having all the solid foundations (chords) anchor the movement.
Scaler 2.4 will be a good place to start as each category in our new common chords (like the ones you mention) have simple, thickened and coloured variations. There’s a bunch of new common and simple sequences, baselines and now performances too to help create all of that melody and harmony so your exploration on 2.4 should help you with your question!

3 Likes

This answer is underrated.

1 Like