Already purchased Scaler 2 - Thinking on InstaComposer 2 or Melody Sauce 2 - What's best?

BlueARP just got updated.

BlueARP v2.5.2 New features, Workflow improvements and a musical demo

1 Like

A good arpeggiator that I forgot to mention, with the advantage that it is also free.

Oh, so many great tools! Thank you all!

I just saw BlueARP and I am amazed. And it’s free! :slight_smile:

By the way it’s not as extensive as it will be in future iterations but Scaler 2.9 has lots of new arp patterns and whilst pretty obvious they work really well and I am loving them. Will have a beta up soon and due for Q2 24.

3 Likes

I did not know that, so Scaler 2 has a built-in arpeggiator? That’s really great!

Scaler 2 has predetermined patters called performances. These can be used to create bass lines and melodies, and patterns can be combined using the Playback Performances to create melodies (see Introduction to Using Playback Performances to Give Interesting Melodies

There is no arpeggiator in Scaler 2.8 and I think that @davide is suggesting that new performances will be added in 2.9 when it is released.

Hopefully an arpeggiator/sequencer type functionality will be released in Scaler 3 (it has been requested as a feature request) but there are no details yet of the Scaler 3 functionality.

In the meantime if you just want an arpeggiator then BlueARP is very versatile and free, but does have a quirky interface which can take some time to learn.

Hi @ed66

Very good to know. Thank you very much for the information and kindness.

Sure, I’ll now consider to take a look at BlueARP. Well, I don’t think its interface is very complicated. Just a bit, but let’s see how it goes. :slight_smile:

I just noticed that I have a full arpeggiator inside Pigments 5. Let’s see how that goes too.

Anyway, thank you very much, guys. This forum is amazing and a huge “add-on” to the already amazing software Scaler 2 is.

1 Like

There is an Arpeggio function under Articulations. You mean there is no customisable arpeggiator? I am sure you know this but just checking!

That’s exactly what I meant; there are arpeggios but no customisable arpeggiator.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure that you wanted Pigments ($$), but as you have it, yes, Pigments 5 has fantastic arpegiator.

Yes, I’m just discovering it. I got it when Arturia launched that introductory offer. Really great, also.

Currently, they offer it to 99 bucks
Too much for me anyway
And I have Minimonsta 2 (Moog) already, that is covered in dust

The more Arturia products you own, the greater the discount for the ones you don’t.

Absolutely right. I have had several individual Arturia instruments and then, wooooosh. Last year I bought V Collection 9 for, I think, 149$. A theft. Rgular price >500 bucks. Dozens of synths, thousands of easily find presets, including Augmented Strings, Augmented Voices, Hammond B-3, DX7, Farfisa, Juno, Jupiter, Pigments, to name a few.

Regarding Pigments alone - it has great sounds, fantastic arpegiator and sequencer that you can route to other instruments, even to shut down the original Pigments one and use its apregiator with, for example, Minimonsta or other of your favorite plugins.
Buy it for 99$. It is not Omnisphere, but nor is its price :slight_smile: And with the last update, Pigments became even “lighter” on RAM, what is important for you. Oh, yeah, the upgrades are free. I bought Pigments V3 for 99$ a few years ago, and now I am on V5 and never had to pay after the initial buy.

I can only agree with that: just playing around with Pigments 5 in the last days, and it is really amazing. I purchased it for 69$, through that “intro offer” (in the launch days).

I also saw that Pigments upgrades are free, and this is great. A good investment, so.

Now I am looking at V Collection, but it is very expensive for me yet.

1 Like

Pigments 5 is really something. You can even use Pigments’ Sequencer / Arpeggiator for other VSTs you own. Just route your midi like you would with Scaler and you will be very happy.

1 Like

The problem is that I found I hate synths, Minimonsta 2 included
And I also hate arpeggiators

I love only the keyboards that sound “organics” like the pianoforte, a few funky electric pianos, and the Hammond, and I have all them already, so I’ll never buy it

No Genesis for you then.

Genesis are redeemed, together with many prog/rock keyboard players
:rofl:

But the Hammond sound is unbeatable to my ears

Anyway, it is not true that I hate synths

My ears hate synths when the sound is made with sawtooth waveforms
For sweet textures, my ears like them

BTW, the arpeggios below were created with Scaler using very fast times
If you like, test them with a synth, and let me know if you can do the same with an arpeggiator

Scaler-State_2024-03-09_231516.xml (13.1 KB)
Scaler-State_2024-03-09_231552.xml (13.1 KB)
Scaler-State_2024-03-09_231659.xml (13.1 KB)

And here is a tune created with one of those arpeggios: Wakeman

hello
I have ALL of these tools. really
If you want to create MELODIES.
I think a hidden secret in music tool land is RapidComposer.
Interface and UI are … let s be friendly… not up to date, but the underlying POWER is worth the learning curve.
Check it out.
This said and having all these tools, Scaler is my starting center point for creating chords and impressive progressions.