Band Settings Not Retained

Hi @Fran88 Could you please give us some details on your setup. OS, DAW, Platform etc?

Is PC windows 10 and Reaper 7.11 I dont know is just a demo problem, guess not. If I open again the project scaler setting are gone.

Iā€™m here because Iā€™m having the same problem in Pro Tools on Windows 10. I mixed an instrumental yesterday. Today, I open the session to make a slight adjustment, and now it looks like I need to mix the whole thing again. :angry:

Is a frustrating. fun to just play with plugin but not for if you need to save a project. Can only render wav then save that wav file NOW or else you may lose. But some people is works ok so they donā€™t pull devs to fix. :frowning:

Hi all, Iā€™m a developer on Scaler EQ. Iā€™ve tried reproducing this with some of the OS/DAW setups listed here and have had no luck. Currently nothing about saving/loading state through the DAW is dependent on any file system paths so this is unlike the previous issue with had with the default preset loading. Would anyone who can reliably reproduce this be able to create a short video of the entire process? I just want to make sure thereā€™s not some subtle workflow difference between how Iā€™m doing it and how you are doing it that could cause it.

The only code path in the saving and loading of state that could cause it to fail loading state and revert to default is if the plugin is in ā€œfreeze modeā€ due to beat port access. Even if that flag got set improperly, the UI would open with an un-closeable ā€œfreeze modeā€ dialog showing so it would be pretty clear that there was an issue.

Hopefully we can reproduce this soon :smiley:

1 Like

The same here. Latest reaper, plugin 2 days ago. The only plugin with flat configuration after a close or a crash randomly. It is unusable. Tried on 2 computers. This is, at best, a beta, regarding stability. I think the *data file gets corrupt randomly. Please, solve it. Thank you.

Really? Two users? Ok, then Iā€™ll refund.

Hi Chris,

I understand the difficulty when you cannot reproduce it.
I just tried it today and it is working several times in a row. Iā€™m surprised by the multiple
success in a row, because that has not been typical for me. Other past days have been nothing
but failures.

The steps to reproduce in the past are very simple for me:

1. Open Reaper and drag 1 audio track into a new project.
  2. Add Scaler EQ to the track, set the Key and make a single EQ change, like Band-4 -3dB.
  3. Save the project and close Reaper.
  4. Re-open the project and see the Band EQ change is lost (usually the Key is retained).

I have not used it in several days since for obvious reasons reliable project recall is a must for me.
The only change here I can think of is a Win-11 Update a few days ago (KB5039212). No idea if that could be related to why it is working today.

Hi all, we still canā€™t reproduce this issue but @cjameslucas has attempted some things and I have sent you a build he has created via PM to all in this thread. Would you mind reporting back here to let us know If this build I sent you helps with the issue you are experiencing?

I just tried the test-build of Scalar EQ davide sent. I opened one my Pro Tool sessions exhibiting the fail-to-save-settings behavior. I updated the Scalar EQ settings, saved. Close Pro Tools. Re-opened PT, open the session and the settings were retained. Iā€™ll try the other sessions with the same issue.

FWIW - I was seeing the exact same behavior reported above: song key was saved in Scalar EQ but the EQ itself was defaulted/flat.

Working in every session were it had previously failed.
Thank you!

1 Like

This new version is working for me too.
Since the problem was intermittent for me some time will tell if it is finally gone.

Thanks for working on this!
I know that not many customers reported it, but the fact that you are tackling it builds confidence in your support for future customers.

I wonder if you can say anything about what you think was the cause for those of us who are curious?

Best wishes,
-Jason

1 Like