Buy now or wait until 2.6?

I’m wanting to pull the trigger on Scaler but my budget is a little tight, so I’d like to optimize my purchase timing. Do we expect 2.6 will be a free upgrade? Also I can’t seem to see where to buy 2.5, I can find 2, and I’ve read somewhere that that 2.5 is free for owners of version 2. Please advise. Thanks.

Well, none of us except the developers can speak for upgrade costs. But so far as I’ve seen, only major revisions, such as going from version 1 to version 2 had a charge to upgrade. All the 2.X updates have been free.

Normally, minor updates e.g. 2.5, 2.6 etc. are free of charge and major e.g. 2.0 , 3.0 etc. are paid.

It will cost the same if you wait or get it now. $59. These incremental updates have always been included.
I only paid to go from version 1 to version 2.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’ll scoop it up shortly, Just trying to now decide if the reMIDI bundle is worth saving a little more for.

Isn’t the “normal” price (without any discount, thing that happens multiple times in a year) 59$ ?

I just checked and $59 is the base price. It was $49 when I purchased way back. Still a bargain.

1 Like

It is back on offer now…49$

1 Like

Scaler 2.6 has dropped and it is a free upgrade.