Can Scaler 2 “Drive” EZ Keys?

I’ve finally figured out (with help from people here) how to integrate Scaler 2 for chord & melody development with EZ Keys for great piano performances grooves. But I still can’t figure out: Can Scaler 2 drive EZ Keys directly?

With other VST instruments, it’s easy to route Scaler through them. I use it with various Kontakt patches all the time. But the best I’ve been able to manage with EZ Keys is I can get the piano sound, but the grooves don’t sync.

My Scaler-EZ Keys workflow involves dragging the Scaler chord progression onto the EZK timeline, then separately dropping an EZK groove onto the time line. Works great, but if I want to make changes in the progression, it’s kind of laborious. There doesn’t appear to be a way to sync Scaler and EZK so they play together more directly.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I’M MISSING SOMETHING!!

I don’t think it is doable because EZKeys is a MIDI based tool and all nuances and articulations are embedded in their MIDIs

The same applies to any other MIDI/Sample-based tool AFAIK: if you send them notes or chords, they just produce notes or chords with a better sound, compared to Scaler stock instruments, but nothing more than that, unless you apply their MIDI patterns

2 Likes

conceptually the Scaler MIDI could drive their “play along” type of performance (or even the Scaler audio out using their “Audio Sender”)

Yes, but the piano will sound like a synth, not a piano played by a pianist