Can we get a looper for section A?

Hi @mykelnoah111111 sorry to hear you are having trouble with this.
We are having trouble reproducing what you are experiencing as it seems to be working as expected on our end. We are running 2.7.2 on Monterey with the latest Logic also.

Are you running on an Intel chipset or M1?

Could you please download the 2.7.2 installer again from plugin boutique and reinstall it if you have not tried this already.

I understand what you are saying but it takes less then a couple seconds to select all chords on A and choose copy to Pattern 1. If you are looping through all the chords that takes time anyway.
Besides the update did anything else in your chain change? Logic version, OS?

I’m using an M1 computer that’s quite new. I’ll try re-installing.

BTW, the auto-loop works in Section B, also
have you tried that?
Do you have the malfunctioning in A only?

Sure, but now multiply the 2-second process by some dozen of patterns you may audit, and you’ll get what a hassle it is

I also use it a lot, also in Section B, and maybe I audit half hundred of patterns per session

Yes of course. But since that wasn’t working I trying to find a work around. I shall stop doing that from now on. No work arounds. Got it.

@jamieh, Sometimes work-arounds are necessary, and may even be desirable in some cases where the applicationm does not completely fit an individual requirement; so don’t give up on them, please.

As for the time in this case; 12 x 3 seconds is still less than a minute, and you were trying to find a solution to an individual problem: auto-play not working in section A for @mykelnoah111111. Even @ClaudioPorcellana 's half a hundred is only 50 x 3 seconds, which is less than three minutes.

Ahem, after I load a pattern, I’ll listen it a bit before moving on

Anyway, I think that any repetitive action that can be avoided thanks to HAL9000 is welcome :grin: :rofl:

Sorry I picked out

and added a second to the time.

I’ve just tried auditioning a number of songs by selecting a song and setting auto-play on in Section A.

I then navigated through the songlist by clicking the left or right button on the song menu.

This also appear to work for changing scales for a given song.

I am not sure how much more this could be automated, any suggestions?

Any luck? One other work around would be to create a MIDI file that triggers say 10 or so Bind Keys. Always have section A in Bind and just loop that section in your DAW. Once setup just reuse it by saving the MIDI file that you can bring in to any new session. Load a new progression in A and preview with the DAW play button instead. Not ideal but workable till fixed. Or roll back to the version of Scaler that worked for you although since you’ve moved to an M1 2.7.2 is really the ideal for that machine.
Good luck.

After re-installing SCALER 2.7.2 I still can’t get SECTION A to loop under any circumstances. So I’m going to have to do the work around of making a midi region that triggers the bind keys. It’s better than nothing but it would be much more useful to have a loop function that actually works, something pretty basic and universal in the music/midi/daw/plugin world. LOGIC PRO 10.7.7, SCALER 2.7.2, MAC OS 12.6.2 Monterey.

Hey @mykelnoah111111 The loop function is working for everyone but you it seems which is very strange. We’ve tested on every single setup that includes yours and works perfectly on our end.
Check out my attached gif - you can see I am right clicking (or Control clicking) and the stop button flashes and autoplay turns on. Are you getting that behaviour?
There is a 2.7.3 point update going up to Plugin Boutique within the next 24 hours so download that try again and let us know please.
Feb-10-2023 11-27-04