Chord Progression Key Recognition In Part C

Many times, I am playing around with some chords and I drop them down into section C. When I want to pull up the Modulation option, I’m unable to because it requires a Key and mode to be selected in section A. Would it be possible to make a “Copy to Section A” within Section C just to avoid the additional step of having to either play the chords in from the keyboard or dropping the midi into my DAW and playing them back just to figure out the key and mode my chords came from?

Welcome @Capt_Ahab I agree this is an issue and because of some new features in 2.2 it will need to be resolved. We are considering an auto select of C Major or C Minor when selecting MOD without having a scale selected.

1 Like

That is definitely a bit better than how things work currently. What about being able to copy the chords within the currently selected tab in Section C to Section A? Would that be possible? It would make things even easier just in case you aren’t sure what key/mode your chords belong to.

You can use Right-Click > Detect on the pattern you wish to copy to the Section A. It also works on a multi-selection of chords.

1 Like

Thank you, Ed. This is precisely what I am looking for!

1 Like