Community presets

Hi I noticed in the upcoming update there was 1 Community contribution. Is there going to be a way to advertise for sale or share chordsets? How are the community sets making their way in there?

1 Like

Community is a new section we are starting for users to contribute chord sets.

For the moment we are still selecting them manually, but the idea is to let people share their favorite progressions and every month or so we would select the best ones here on the forum and add them to Scaler.

6 Likes

I’ve been transcribing chord sets in Scaler for popular songs. Happy to look at doing some transcribing for you for a nominal fee if you have songs/artists in mind. The goal is to allow non-piano players the ability to play popular songs live with one hand in bind-mode or to inspire new songs using great progressions from popular artists. I’ve created sets for a handful of songs for the artists below:

• Radiohead
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Billie Eilish
  • Taylor Swift
  • Bleachers
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Justin Bieber
  • Shawn Mendes
  • a few others
3 Likes

ARGH!
3 years later!
It seems this 3D is almost dead…

@Ed1 ?

1 Like

Well, as you can see we created the section but the user input was fairly limited.
There’s a lot more content being shared nowadays on the forum but it is across many different threads.

We’re still open to the idea, but we want people to share their own presets with the community, we don’t want to use anyone’s name or content if we are not allowed to.

3 Likes

Totally get the liability point, however chord progressions can’t be trademarked or copyrighted and are reused across all of music. With the intent being the ability to easily play these songs in a live setting via chord-binding in Scaler 2 or to use chord progressions from popular songs as creative inspiration for your own songs, I don’t know if there’s much risk. Just my thoughts.

Well, in my case feel free to use anything I share here
It is Full Open Access, for the peanut it’s worth to
:grinning:

1 Like

Of course, but associating the name of an artist to something he didn’t create or give permission to is on the edge of what is legal (if it appears in marketing material, etc…) and what we are comfortable doing at the moment.

Which ones? Any favorite?
Should we organize a vote to select the best ones to include in 2.4? Don’t worry we can rig the vote :shushing_face: :laughing:

Which chordsets from @ClaudioPorcellana should we include in the next release?
  • All of them

0 voters

1 Like

Nevertheless, I think that my strongest skill is rather finding odd matches between unlikely plugins
too bad there is no specialized area for that
:rofl:

1 Like

hahaha, not a surprise, you are the Bosses

1 Like

A vote with one choice? Good things it was a benevolent dictator’s choice :wink:

2 Likes

Not a surprise as I am the Galactic Emperor
:rofl:

1 Like