Do you like "Tresillo Rhythm"?

I like the rhythm 3 + 3 + 2 very much

If you want others to listen to your music and want to dance, you can try this rhythm whether in chord, melody or bass.It would be better to match it with a reggae drum. Of course, you can also add some guitars.
So why should I say that? First of all, I don’t understand why the popular rhythms don’t exist or exist in scaler? But it’s hard for me to find it. The rhythm directory confused me.
2021-08-26_175221

So, if it is according to the type of music, will it be much better?
Like bass.
2021-08-26_175400

However, it seems that many software companies don’t like to do this, and even ezkey doesn’t launch such a popular expansion. Maybe because their software focuses more on pop rock bands?
Finally, each kind of music has its own rhythm. I want to ask you where there is teaching about similar knowledge of other music types. It is best to edit MIDI display in music software.

If you know, please let me know. thank you.
Now I share a video showing that many songs in recent years are tresillo rhythms.

tresillo is triplets, and I think that combining triplets (present in Scaler) and humanization (swing) you should succeed

BTW, I just googled it and found reggaeton that I never loved as a dance
on the other hand, I loved and danced a lot this one and the so
https://youtu.be/VQqwea8ZSbk

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with Shabba Ranks :slight_smile:

If you get this message when trying to watch it embedded in the Scaler forum…
Video unavailableThis video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it from display on this website or application.

then try watching it directly on Youtube.

Exactly. Working and understanding triplets and 1/12 rhythms etc will allow you these types of rhythms in scaler. Reggaeton is a great example of the progression of Tresillo’s

The guy on the left (nickname the Pirate) is not me but a lawyer that lead a double life: very sober during the day, a bit less during the night :rofl:

The girl was a friend of mine in the nineties, and we all meet overnight in an underground club of a Turin’s rough district dancing afropop, reggae and Shabba Ranks, among the others

There is an interesting piece on 332 in the free downloadable book on Ableton’s web site (“Making Music” by Dennis DeSantis, with examples of variants to the structure.

[quote=“ClaudioPorcellana, post:5, topic:8027”]
“meet overnight in an underground club of a Turin’s rough district dancing” [/quote]

I’m beginning to get the feel that you were a bit of what we would call in the UK “a lad” in your youth, Claudio, which involved a lot of clubbing and attractive ladies.

1 Like

For those of you who like to read about music theory, I found this book very insightful about rhythms, across the world and history. It has an academic background, but has lots of visualizations that make the material accessible.

1 Like

Yes, I must admit I had a lot of fun from seventies to ninieties attending multicultural parties, dancing, scoring, etc

Clearly, I was a bit (subtle euphemism) lazy in studying, as my wife often points out
:rofl: