Extra midi notes with some voicings

I’m having a problem with scaler where intermittently, additional very brief notes get added. I’m on FL Studio 20.1, but this has been a problem across a few versions of Scaler and my DAW.

As a test, I just set Scaler to F Major, set voicings to “Voicing 1” and used each chord in the scale, then dragged them to the piano roll. On most instruments, when played this progression sounds normal, but some instruments will double-press the key.

Further testing indicates that I’m left with 5 extra notes, at the beginnings of measures 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Each extra note has a tiny duration (note properties indicates duration is literally 1 tick.

Each time this happens, I need to manually select the chord, transpose it up an octave so I can see and delete the unwanted additional notes, then transpose the octaves back down. Key point is to select the chord from the middle of the duration so as to not also select these unwanted notes.

If you need me to, I can put a youtube video together that easily demonstrates this bug. Let me know.

Hi @wyley

thanks for reporting the issue, another user has reported a similar issue, we are looking into it and will get this fix as part of the next patch.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Ed

Hey Ed,

No worries, software is complicated. I’m happy to help troubleshoot this too, so if you need me to do anything, let me know.

Cheers!

I’d like to confirm Wyley’s findings. I’m using Scaler 1.8.1. The bug is still present and easy to recreate in the MJ Cole 1 preset by choosing anything in the Voicings tab. It happens in both Cubase 10 and Studio One 4.6.