Feature Suggestion (More Humanization)

Hello! :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for the Scaler! It’s awesome!

Would be nice if you’ll add not only Velocity Humanization, but quantize humanization. In this way chords will sound very natural!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi @karpitsky

this is definitely something we would like to add in an update.

Usually people did this in their DAW after exporting the chords as they have their favorite humanization timings/grooves already.
Now that Scaler is becoming more of a performance tool and with the drag and drop exporting the timing and articulations, it would be a nice addition.

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! :))) I also use sometime EZ Keys this way: import the MIDI to humanize it (it humanizes velocities and quantization).

I’ve written that just to give you another idea if you’ll like it.

As for Scaler: now it’s my favourite tool for making chord progressions! Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Taking a closer look at the “Humanization” feature. Good but better if it was relative to the performance velocity.

For example, playing a progression at around 90-VEL will give you about 30-VEL range of randomization in the midi data. Feels about right but if you were to play as quietly as possible it still gives the same 30-VEL randomization range.

Of course many will always check and adjust data later in DAW but a relative ratio or a way to set the amount of randomization would be even better suspect.

Keep up the great work though. ;>

Hi @MiR

having a setting for the amount of humanization makes sense to us.
Having it to follow the performance is nice too but I think should be optional as you might want to completely ignore original velocity.

They could both be added to the next major version of Scaler, we will review with the team and see what we can do.

Thanks,
Ed

Humanising the note lengths would be epic too. :smile:

i.e. if you’ve got a 4-note chord, each note’s length is different.

1 Like