Groups and Patterns

It seems each Pattern has its own set of Groups – do I have that right?

If so, that’s great, but is there any way, other than making duplicate assignments, to make chords in different patterns play the same Performance?

Thanks.

Each group you create can be reused on any pad. So once you have groups for different pads created you assign any of those to any other pad.

Yes, but does each Pattern have its own set of Groups? I’ll have to check this further.

If you mean each set of 7 pads i.e. 1 pattern group have its own set then no. But you can assign as many as you need AFAIK. So Pattern 1 can use groups 1-7 and Pattern 2 Can use groups 8-14, etc.
I can’t imagine using so many since most music has some sort of cohesiveness and commonality. Still I don’t see why each pad couldn’t have it’s own group. That would be 56 plus Global so 57.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me think this through. I tested it and you’re right.

I created a Scaler Track and filled all seven Patterns with Chords and assigned each chord its own group. So you were exactly right. Seven patterns, each with eight chords gives us 56 Chords and 56 possible groups, plus the Global Group. I completely agree about the musical practicality of having each chord play something different, but this was just to see how the system works.

What an amazing program Scaler is. The deeper I get into it the more I like it. Thanks very much for your help with this.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. That section is one of my favorites in Scaler. I use it all the time.

1 Like