Guitar Voicings from input

Will scaler create chords with guitar voicings?
I’m a keyboard player that uses guitar VI’s:
While I can figure out how to translate the chords I play on a piano-style keyboard to how they would be voiced on a guitar, I can’t help but think that there must be a VST plugin that will do this.

I would like to be able to input, in any way, a chord on my controller keyboard and have it be converted into voicings suitable for guitar or even show what those voicings should be. If it could do this in real-time that would be great, but not necessary. Anything that saves time in this process would be helpful.

So will Scaler 2.8 show or create those voicings if I choose a chord whether by playing it or choosing it from a list? I would also like to see the options for different inversions on different parts of the guitar neck,

Thanks!

You know about this under dynamics, right? -------
Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 6.51.27 PM

1 Like

I did not but this looks great! I just found the trial version and will check it out tonight.

Thanks for the response!

1 Like

Sorry to ask, perhaps the obvious, but does the screen shot directly address the ability to do keyboard chord voicing and have Scaler dynamically generate the preferred guitar voicings? I do not play guitar and am very moderate on the keyboard (as drums/percussion) are my main instruments. Does this mean that whatever I play on the keyboard, if I select Dynamic and Guitar voicing this will revoice properly.

If I create a chord sequence via Scaler to target Guitar, do I use the same settings or switch to the Guitar panel? Sorry, very basic question. I have used Scaler a lot over the years but not to do guitar parts.

Does Drop 3 Voicing mean that the 3rd of the chord is dropped? I ask as that is usually what you do in Ambiant music to loosen the tonal center.

For the Dynamic section to work you need to trigger the chords from Scalers Pads.
As for the guitar voicing, Drop 2, Drop 3, and Drop 4 guitar voicings are a type of chord voicing used in jazz guitar playing. These voicings are formed by taking a chord and dropping the next to the highest note, or voice, to the lowest note of the chord. This creates a new chord voicing with a different sound and feel.

Drop 2 voicings are formed by dropping the second-highest note of the chord an octave down. For example, if you have a Cmaj7 chord with the notes C-E-G-B, you would take the second-highest note (G) and drop it down one octave. The resulting chord voicing would be G-C-B-E.

Drop 3 voicings are formed by dropping the third-highest note of the chord an octave down. For example, if you have a Cmaj7 chord with the notes C-E-G-B, you would take the third-highest note (E) and drop it down one octave. The resulting chord voicing would be E-C-G-B.

Drop 4 voicings are formed by dropping the fourth-highest note of the chord an octave down. For example, if you have a Cmaj7 chord with the notes C-E-G-B, you would take the fourth-highest note (B) and drop it down one octave. The resulting chord voicing would be B-C-G-E.

Thanks for that great explanation!

I corrected my notes there. The lowest note would be different from the root in each dropped voicing.
Cheers,
J