Harmony Bloom

Hi everyone,

Although this is not about Saler I know that some users have just invested in Harmony Bloom. Has anyone tried to use the midi assignment functionality in te vst version.

I have tried it unsuccessfully in Live 11 and Reaper 7.11. I am using my old Oxygen 49 keyboard. The event list shows that a midi message is being received on the Harmony Bloom track, but it does not seem to have any effect.

I have recorded the midi input to the Harmony Bloom track in Reaper and the event list showed the midi cc input.

I have used the Harmony Bloom mdid capture functionality and examined the resulting midi file. It did not record the midi controller input.

Sorry, can’t help you there. I’m using Bitwig, so everything is there to modulate without using Midi cc.
What’s the message supposed to be doing?
On a side note, there is a major update to HB coming imminently, so might fix your issue.

In theory the cc messages can be used to trigger the randomisations.

I am not familiar with Bitwig. How do you do this through the Bitwig modulation?

In the devices section at the bottom of the screen, everything you can modulate is listed. You can then attach macro knobs or random, steps, mseg etc. I used Cubase for a few years, but couldn’t go back to it now.

Steps modulating Note Collection.

I see what you mean and I can achieve this is Live.

But what I am trying to do is to link a button on my controller so that I can just press it and it will trigger a dice to give a random value (e.g. randomise Speed Offset). I do not want to set the speed, or any other value, myself. This issue is about triggering random values for the offsets.

Maybe get on to the dev. He seems to listen and react to feedback. Maybe a bug he can sort out.

I am not sure if this is a bug, and I am already in touch with the developer, but thanks for your help.

I believe the new update has fixed a CC issue for randomness. Just had an email from dev.

Yes, I think it has. I have just downloaded the update and will try it out over the next couple of days.

Just email Mario and ask him. he replies quite fast.